Lowering the Driving Age: Why We Should.

All over the country, teens are learning how to drive and using this skill in everyday activities. Whether it’s driving to school, work, or running errands, a car always comes in handy to make daily tasks easier for the entire family. When you are still in high school, independence on the road is important. This is one of the many reasons that New York State should consider lowering the driving age.
Not only will this grant young Americans to learn the rules of the road earlier, it will teach them responsibility at an early age and they will fully benefit from this alteration in the law.

In other states all over America, many teens have the opportunity to get their full license at age 16. In the state of New York, you are only permitted to get your Learners permit at 16. Not only is this an unfair advantage for the teens of New York, it gives New Yorkers less practice, and is unreasonable. Many of the driving laws in the United States vary from state to state, but I think it is important that we see a unity in the rules of the road. If one state allows a full license at age 16, this law should be carried over to the all other states.
Of course teens should be thoroughly tested before receiving a driving license of any kind. A suggestion that would help both the law and teens would be to test teens at age 16, but at a high level of expertise. If they could pass this grueling driving exam, they will be granted their full license. This test would include multiple choice, writing, and a road test in which the test-taker must show the state that they have control on the road. The only way to become a better driver is to practice, and study the rules of the road. If you are committed to these things you should be granted the right to drive. If at any point, this licensed teen driver fails to follow the law, a license suspension can be enforced, guaranteeing safe roads.
As a teen personally impacted by this law, I do believe that if you can prove that you are a safe driver, you should be granted the right to exercise your abilities on the road. It is obvious that not all teens are ready to drive at 16, which is why a more demanding test would separate those who are ready, from those who are not. It would make life a lot easier for parents, as well as teach responsibility to teens all across the US.

Tommy1234 said...
Sep. 21 at 5:30 pm
This influenced me a lot and also you are awesome and also it helped me in my homework.

;) lol said...
May 30 at 3:06 am
thanks guys this helped a load with my essay :D

SoapNoah said...
Apr. 27 at 2:26 pm
Yes it should be lowwerd

sexycuban said...
hey guys...

Loula said...
I liked what you have written, I have been so touched by your speech and I totally agree on what you have mentioned. I think we can end world hunger if we cooperate because its not a matter of insufficiency in food but a matter of distribusion

SallySunshine replied...
Jun. 1 at 11:17 am
@loula wrong subject person

Gianna The Peanut said...
I also agree I'm 12 but I know rules of the road and I think it's a great idea when you can learn to drive at 16 or lower (13 maybe). But they only let us drive at 15-16 they might only teach driving at a lower age to help if someone has a medical problem or something else that's very important. This is my opinion if you have something else to add please reply. Thanks

Mr bubbles replied...
May 21 at 11:36 pm
the reason they make you wait till the person is 15-16 years of age to get the learners is the human brain is not full developed till the age of 25 and if we are lowing the driving age that puts more of an age difference between "13" and 25 and and to do that would further raise the death rate then what it is now. and if we would allow 13 year olds drive on our roads whats to stop them driving above the speed limit getting a fine and not paying it going to court and being let off because we cant... (more »)

Mitchell Moss said...
i just want the driving age lowered

erbybhyu replied...
Jan. 4 at 11:19 am
i agree it should

_____ said...
Apr. 13, 2015 at 10:23 am
Maby there needs to be a background check and recomendations before getting license

MCBeast said...
Apr. 8, 2015 at 11:17 am
sure i wanna drive it teaches young people on how to become grown ups and learn how to be responsable

Poplina said...
Mar. 24, 2015 at 9:10 am
I see where you're coming from, people that are intelligent enough to understand and pass the drivers test should get a licence. But the license age should definitely not be LOWERED more than 16. in 2011, 2,650 teens were killed in car accidents and 292,000 were injured and put in the hospital. They may be intelligent enough to pass the test and around the adults to drive properly, but once they are around friends they tend to underestimate the dangerous situations they could be put in while... (more »)

ian6 replied...
and how many crashes were there besides teens. all people look at are the numbers on teens not adults or anybody else

kaiman said...
i want to drive

ludwinglegod replied...
Apr. 21, 2015 at 11:21 am
How old are you? You have to be 14 or 16 or older to drive.

bilbo said...
Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:47 am
Maybe the age should be changed to the limit at which people can spell correctly. (Just saying)

TNTCtrm replied...
May 24 at 9:01 pm
Umm, no. Most of us spelled correctly in elementary school. I personally would not trust my elementary school self, or even my junior high school self, to drive me somewhere.

someone said...
this is a good idea because teens are working around lawn mowers

kiara said...
ya im 13 and i mean i already know how to drive around my yard and so do alot of people i love this idea.