My Version of "I Have A Dream Speech" This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I have a dream… that one day this nation will grow up to realize what kind of a world we have created. We have taken this beautiful world for granted to many times and I say it’s time that somebody stood up for what they believe in and say enough is enough!

I have a dream… that one day our great and beautiful nation will come together as one and fix the mess that we have left behind in our tracks. It seems to me that everyone has forgotten what our great and beautiful nation is all about. Being free does not being violent and cruel to your environment, your peers, or your world. This all just goes back to the saying, “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.”

I have a dream… that one day I’ll be able to look up in the sky and be able to say that our country has finally found it’s purpose on this planet. I have high hopes for this nation and I want to see these hopes fulfilled in my lifetime. I would like to see a day when nobody anywhere is harmed emotionally or physically by racism, violence, or drugs. I want to see a day when nobody comes running to me because somebody or something has hurt them and ruined their day.

I have a dream… that one day I can be able to walk through the park without the fear of something happening to myself or others. The thought of something horrible happening to yourself is scary enough. If you want to relax by taking a walk through the park then you should be able to do just that. America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is a land that provides safety not stress and worry.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream… that one day we will all learn to get along with each other. I hope that everyone out there suddenly realizes that no matter how intelligent or unintelligent, beautiful or ugly, slim or overweight we must all be treated the same.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream… that one day our great nation will leave it’s problems in the past and begin to build a better future. Worrying about what has already happened causes stress and worry. Focusing on the future allows us to plan out our future. If we have that time to plan out our future we can expect great things out of our nation later on.

This is our hope… with this faith we will be able to stop all madness and chaos and finally be able to live in peace. Another hope I have is that we will eventually end our problems with foreign countries and learn to allow people the right of running their country the way they want.

This will be the day when everyone comes together to build up our nations strength once more. Great events such as the Civil War, the Emancipation Proclamation, and our newly elected president’s inauguration mark wonderful times in our country’s history. I hope to see our nation rise up again to stand together and scream to the top of their lungs…

I Have a Dream Today!

maeugeniap said...

The way you wrote it was good, but I have to disagree in some stuff. In the security, I can't believe you are in america and you are critisicing it! In my country, nobody can't even cross the street safely without fear and the number of people been kidnapped and being hold up, with a pistol or knife next to his or her head is huge. Believe me, you, that live in usa (that is its name, america is the whole continent we call america) you do not know what is to be afraid.

Now, in the thing... (more »)

.Dimples replied...
I definitely agree with you; Just what I was thinking.

Nooneknowsme said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 5:21 am

Amazing!!

Your speech is superb!

Keep it up !

Read  and comment also my two poems and only one story!Im sure you will like it!

shootingstar97 said...
Wow that is amazingly written! I totally agree with it

Gumballlover said...
I wish this would come true, it is most definetly possible, I hope it happens soon. Very well written. I loved this.

TaurusGalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
If many people have this dream, the dream might come true. Never give up. =]

JennaLinn said...
This is phenominal! I have the same dream. Along with more people than anyone can imagine. Some people are just afraid to admit it because they are so sucked into the drama of everything.

Lola_Black said...
Mar. 2, 2012 at 10:06 am
Very empowering! I don't think this dream of yours is going to come true any time soon, but I do like the message. Very nice ♥

devonchick said...
it was very inspiring but it might take a long time to relize our mistakes in the us

Jennarator said...
I like the speech, i was impressed. Everything good that ever happens, starts with a dream.

AngelHair123 said...
Although it is nice to fantasise or have a "dream" of what the world should/could be like, what one fails to realize is that without the bad and evil in the world, there can be no good. Without sorrow and pain, there can be no happiness. It is pure ignorance and naiveté that one cannot see the good in the world that is already here. And if one truly wants to make this world amd country a better place, dreaming is not the way to get there.

Violet replied...
If dreaming isnt the answer what is? Everything in this world has come from a dream a unreal thought something that people have said could never be done and yes we need pain and sorrow because its an emotion that makes us human and with this pain we create something new we dont need this overcomeing pain and sorrow that we have today that is manmade to break us Dreaming will create a unreal reality like the one we have today with dreaming this world will get better No more nightmares.

HimeGyaruDoll replied...
I agree totally. Without dreams to follow, we are an empty shell.

KittyKitty This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:36 am
'with no bad there is no good' well i guess thats true... but the question is, witch are you?

Angelhair123 replied...
I never thought about it that way- dreaming is a way to get to the impossible, a gateway to what we never dream can come true. But something that I also think should be considered is that dreaming is only half of the equation. The execution and the following of that dream is what will make this world a better place. And it's not a question of how good or bad I am, but a question of balance. Would the world be a better place of there were no sadness or pain or suffering? Think about all the great... (more »)

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
That's totally true. What's odd is that yesterday, my math teacher told a guy that "thinking doesn't solve problems". If you don't think and have ideas, dreams and hopes (and also sorrow), what you wish to accomplish won't come true.

Alexis9198 said...
this is a very powerful speech

ally3.14159265 said...
this is really great and inspiring

WhittyKitty This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah, considering the assignment, you did an amazing job!

Ri-Mugga said...
This is so great, i wish everyone would read it...

jaselisa said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:01 am
i understand your hopes and dreams even your version of the i have a dream speech is not enough to heal an broken vessel sorry to tell you but we have to take action not just say it we also need to know that DR. King has tried and not even his power has turned the world the way he wants it to be no matter who trys to change this world there will always be cold errie and harshness even to the innocence of those who have not their faults to anyone but earth but the weak its self will destroy the w... (more »)