My Version of "I Have A Dream Speech" | Teen Ink

My Version of "I Have A Dream Speech"

September 20, 2009
By kaitlynstrawberry BRONZE, Alderson, West Virginia
kaitlynstrawberry BRONZE, Alderson, West Virginia
1 article 5 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you. - Maya Angelou


I have a dream… that one day this nation will grow up to realize what kind of a world we have created. We have taken this beautiful world for granted to many times and I say it’s time that somebody stood up for what they believe in and say enough is enough!



I have a dream… that one day our great and beautiful nation will come together as one and fix the mess that we have left behind in our tracks. It seems to me that everyone has forgotten what our great and beautiful nation is all about. Being free does not being violent and cruel to your environment, your peers, or your world. This all just goes back to the saying, “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone.”


I have a dream… that one day I’ll be able to look up in the sky and be able to say that our country has finally found it’s purpose on this planet. I have high hopes for this nation and I want to see these hopes fulfilled in my lifetime. I would like to see a day when nobody anywhere is harmed emotionally or physically by racism, violence, or drugs. I want to see a day when nobody comes running to me because somebody or something has hurt them and ruined their day.


I have a dream… that one day I can be able to walk through the park without the fear of something happening to myself or others. The thought of something horrible happening to yourself is scary enough. If you want to relax by taking a walk through the park then you should be able to do just that. America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is a land that provides safety not stress and worry.

I have a dream today.


I have a dream… that one day we will all learn to get along with each other. I hope that everyone out there suddenly realizes that no matter how intelligent or unintelligent, beautiful or ugly, slim or overweight we must all be treated the same.

I have a dream today.


I have a dream… that one day our great nation will leave it’s problems in the past and begin to build a better future. Worrying about what has already happened causes stress and worry. Focusing on the future allows us to plan out our future. If we have that time to plan out our future we can expect great things out of our nation later on.


This is our hope… with this faith we will be able to stop all madness and chaos and finally be able to live in peace. Another hope I have is that we will eventually end our problems with foreign countries and learn to allow people the right of running their country the way they want.


This will be the day when everyone comes together to build up our nations strength once more. Great events such as the Civil War, the Emancipation Proclamation, and our newly elected president’s inauguration mark wonderful times in our country’s history. I hope to see our nation rise up again to stand together and scream to the top of their lungs…

I Have a Dream Today!

The author's comments:
This piece is a project my class did in seventh grade. Each of us was required to creat our own I Have A Dream Speech. This is mine...

Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 35 comments.


on Apr. 27 2012 at 2:37 pm
Daughter.of.Hades BRONZE, Yakima, Washington
4 articles 11 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"A cat will look down on you, a dog will look up to you, but a pig will see you as its equal."
-Winston Churchill

This is beautiful work. I wish more people would think this way. 

on Apr. 3 2012 at 12:00 pm
maeugeniap BRONZE, ----, Other
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

The way you wrote it was good, but I have to disagree in some stuff. In the security, I can't believe you are in america and you are critisicing it! In my country, nobody can't even cross the street safely without fear and the number of people been kidnapped and being hold up, with a pistol or knife next to his or her head is huge. Believe me, you, that live in usa (that is its name, america is the whole continent we call america) you do not know what is to be afraid.

Now, in the thing about being equal, that is not very attached to the reality. Tell me, if you see two people, one worked hard all day (and even did others work to help) and the other stayed sleeping (making the others in the place work harder) are you going to tell me both have to recieve $5? No.

Even though, people think different and many do not understand other points of view, either by the way they think, their religion, the way they were raised, or any other reason. Yes, we are born with the same rights (the rights to live, to be free, the right for education, the right of a home, etc) but other rights have to be gained.  


on Mar. 30 2012 at 5:21 am
Nooneknowsme BRONZE, Ambathenna, Other
3 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don`t dream your life and live your dream!! ;)

Amazing!!

Your speech is superb!

Keep it up !

Read  and comment also my two poems and only one story!Im sure you will like it!


on Mar. 24 2012 at 6:42 pm
shootingstar97 SILVER, Calgary, Other
5 articles 0 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is a canvas..... THROW AS MUCH PAINT ON IT AS YOU CAN!
I have no other reason but a woman's reason: I think so because I think so. (Two Centlemen of Verona, Act 1, Scene 2)

Wow that is amazingly written! I totally agree with it

on Mar. 24 2012 at 1:42 pm
Gumballlover BRONZE, Homer, New York
3 articles 0 photos 39 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The things that may come may not be beautiful, they may not be perfect. But they're for you. HAVE FAITH"

I wish this would come true, it is most definetly possible, I hope it happens soon. Very well written. I loved this.

TaurusGal GOLD said...
on Mar. 19 2012 at 9:12 pm
TaurusGal GOLD, Hong Kong, Other
13 articles 25 photos 107 comments
If many people have this dream, the dream might come true. Never give up. =]

KatsK DIAMOND said...
on Mar. 19 2012 at 7:43 pm
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota
57 articles 0 photos 301 comments

Favorite Quote:
Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

That's totally true. What's odd is that yesterday, my math teacher told a guy that "thinking doesn't solve problems". If you don't think and have ideas, dreams and hopes (and also sorrow), what you wish to accomplish won't come true.

Angelhair123 said...
on Mar. 7 2012 at 5:02 pm
I never thought about it that way- dreaming is a way to get to the impossible, a gateway to what we never dream can come true. But something that I also think should be considered is that dreaming is only half of the equation. The execution and the following of that dream is what will make this world a better place. And it's not a question of how good or bad I am, but a question of balance. Would the world be a better place of there were no sadness or pain or suffering? Think about all the great things the world has because of the hard or difficult experiences people have gone through. Think about the people who have changed for the better because they went through those experiences. I don't enjoy pain, but I do enjoy growing and becoming a stronger person because of it.

JennaLinn said...
on Mar. 6 2012 at 5:40 pm
JennaLinn, Friendship, New York
0 articles 0 photos 2 comments
This is phenominal! I have the same dream. Along with more people than anyone can imagine. Some people are just afraid to admit it because they are so sucked into the drama of everything.

on Mar. 5 2012 at 8:36 am
_alannahurt SILVER, Snyder, Texas
9 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
A blank piece of paper is God’s way of telling us how hard it to be God.
– Sidney Sheldon

'with no bad there is no good' well i guess thats true... but the question is, witch are you?

on Mar. 2 2012 at 10:06 am
Lola_Black GOLD, Harrison, Michigan
11 articles 2 photos 276 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've always been famous. It's just everybody's just now finding out." --Lady Gaga

Very empowering! I don't think this dream of yours is going to come true any time soon, but I do like the message. Very nice ♥

on Mar. 1 2012 at 9:05 pm
Tornado Misha BRONZE, Ng, Other
1 article 0 photos 53 comments
I have a dream... of optimistic people!

on Feb. 28 2012 at 9:40 pm
HimeGyaruDoll BRONZE, Somewhere, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Man lives in the future, dwells in the past, and forgets the present. - Devyn W.

I agree totally. Without dreams to follow, we are an empty shell.

devonchick said...
on Feb. 27 2012 at 5:44 pm
it was very inspiring but it might take a long time to relize our mistakes in the us

Violet said...
on Feb. 25 2012 at 6:22 pm
If dreaming isnt the answer what is? Everything in this world has come from a dream a unreal thought something that people have said could never be done and yes we need pain and sorrow because its an emotion that makes us human and with this pain we create something new we dont need this overcomeing pain and sorrow that we have today that is manmade to break us Dreaming will create a unreal reality like the one we have today with dreaming this world will get better No more nightmares.

on Feb. 21 2012 at 8:16 pm
Jennarator GOLD,
12 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Always remain positive, if it doesn't make you feel better, it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort"

I like the speech, i was impressed. Everything good that ever happens, starts with a dream.

AngelHair123 said...
on Feb. 21 2012 at 2:13 pm
Although it is nice to fantasise or have a "dream" of what the world should/could be like, what one fails to realize is that without the bad and evil in the world, there can be no good. Without sorrow and pain, there can be no happiness. It is pure ignorance and naiveté that one cannot see the good in the world that is already here. And if one truly wants to make this world amd country a better place, dreaming is not the way to get there.

Alexis9198 said...
on Feb. 20 2012 at 10:11 pm
Alexis9198, Osceola, Wisconsin
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment
this is a very powerful speech

on Feb. 20 2012 at 6:22 pm
this is really great and inspiring

AvaJay GOLD said...
on Feb. 8 2012 at 11:25 pm
AvaJay GOLD, Spokane, Washington
13 articles 4 photos 184 comments

Favorite Quote:
Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not pray for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
~ Tagore

Yeah, considering the assignment, you did an amazing job!