A Synonym for Stupid?

By , Cincinnati, OH
I run up to my junior high classmates as I get off the bus, to get in some last minute gossip before the bell rings, of course! But when I run up to my friends, I hear a very familiar conversation that makes me want to scream. A popular girl is talking about a certain show she watched on TV last night.

“It actually wasn’t that bad! I liked it.” She tells her friends. Her friend cuts in.

“Really? Telling from the previews I thought it was going to be gay!” She laughs to her friends. My heart stops cold.

At the mention of the word “gay” I ball up my fists and go to tell her off. I stop sadly though, for I know how it will end as it always does. All of the kids staring at me like I’m stupid and saying, “God, Courtney, can’t you take a freakin’ joke?” And I’ll run off how they possibly think teasing a persons sexuality, just tossing insults like that around like its nothing, is funny. And I fight back tears, for I realize these kids still don’t understand the power of words and how much they hurt. Some people will never learn.

“Sticks and stones my break my bones…”

pinksage33 said...
Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:27 am
This is an amazing start!!! i would love ti see more.