My Favorite Hockey Stick | Teen Ink

My Favorite Hockey Stick

January 16, 2024
By 5finke SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
5finke SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Last week I bought a new hockey stick at the store near me, Hockey Haven. The stick is one of the newest models, the hyperlite 2. I got it with a P92 curve and a 65 flex. I needed a new one because I broke my FT5 pro. I had the FT4 before that one. That was the best stick I’d ever had. That stick played hockey for me the way that it would flex when I shot and cup the puck when I stickhandled it. I would get in the game and feel like the stick is an extension of my body.


I have that stick in my room, broken on my wall. Every time I look at it I think about one game. The game I scored three. The first goal came from me hopping off the bench. The puck was just there in front of me. I heard my teammate yell “Hear, Hear!” I sent the puck over to him and we were on a two on one. He sent it backdoor to me and my stick did the rest and it was in. The next goal was a nice tip on the power play. I was in front of the net and the defense shot one–I stopped, got my stick in the air and tipped it in. 


The last goal was the best. I got the puck behind our own net in overtime. I started to skate with it, my stick pushing it along effortlessly. I got past one guy. I was at the red line. I stickhandled around another. I was in the offensive zone. Popped it between my legs. It was just me and the goalie. I flexed the stick and shot. Bardown. The game was over.


That FT4 was a stick that I will never forget.


The author's comments:

I got the inspiration to do this piece because of a class at school. In my composition class we wrote about something that we recently bought and I thought about my hockey stick. Then I thought about my favorite hockey stick ever and decided to write this piece.