What Does Education Mean to Me | Teen Ink

What Does Education Mean to Me

By Vicky0_8_0_6 BRONZE, Guangzhou, Other
Vicky0_8_0_6 BRONZE, Guangzhou, Other

Education is the process of acquiring knowledge and putting it into practice, which helps a person gain basic life skills and the ability to survive in a society. Most people claim that education is a must for modern citizens and is an adaptation to a rapidly-developing society. Education enriches life and helps people to know more about the world and national responsibility.

Education helps me know more about the world, which is not only to see more deeply the beauty of this world but also to understand principles behind surface phenomenon and the historical significance of current development. For instance, I enjoy the huge green mountains formed by plate impact; I am fond of the stream flowing from the Qinghai-Tibet plateau; I admire the Loess hills blown by strong wind which gives them shapes. The differences between a man-made landscape and a natural one is that there are thousands of reasons why nature made such a landscape, such as the wind, terrains, latitude, longitude…… however, there is only one reason why there is a man-made landscape,and that is human desires. We learn these reasons from our geography books,  we experience the wonders of nature by ourselves, we know how difficult they are formed, so we cherish everything we can see. We feel lucky to live here, we love life just like nature loves the world. That is how education helps us know more about the world which gives life and wonderful beauty. 

Education helps me know my national responsibility. I live in a peaceful era and a prosperous country. I’ve never suffered from a real war which has caused the death of so many. I will never forget, however, that the prosperity I enjoy is the result of the struggles my ancestors endured. I have seen their faces in the history books, and I have learned about the difficulties that the pioneers faced in establishing a new nation. I will never forget to work hard and make the country stronger and stronger in order to not disappoint the sacrifice of my revolutionary ancestors. Education means remembering the history and working hard for a brighter future. 

Education plays such an important role in life. I take my education seriously in order to learn about the world, love my life, and develop responsibility. 

Half a year has passed since I first penned this humble article, and though my writing may have lacked finesse, my heart brimmed with an overwhelming love and passion for this world. With an abundance of gratitude, I bow before the altar of education, for it has opened the doors to the enigmatic mysteries that shroud our existence. In its embrace, I have been able to delve deeper into the labyrinth of knowledge, discovering the reasons why I must fervently pursue learning and savor every moment of this enriching journey. Indeed, education has become an unbreakable thread woven throughout the tapestry of my life, accompanying me until my last breath. Let these words carry the weight of my fervor, reflecting my unwavering devotion to this world and my boundless appreciation for education.