The Best Season Ever!!!! | Teen Ink

The Best Season Ever!!!!

By Anjiiii GOLD, Chelsea, Massachusetts
Anjiiii GOLD, Chelsea, Massachusetts

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Autumn is the ultimate season. It is a season that is complex, allows you to be free, and is full of warmth and comfort. It is unlike the harshness and polarity of winter and summer, and unlike the raininess of spring. Autumn has a diverse climate that is right between the dichotomy of winter and summer. There are times when it’s sunny and warm, when you’ll need a sweater, and even when there’s a bit of snow. So why look forward to one season when autumn has the combined conditions of them all?  

Autumn’s ambiguity also means it can be what you decide it to be. If you like to stay indoors, read, and snuggle up, you are welcome to do so. If you like being outside, the changing hues of the season welcome you as well. You can choose what you want to wear, a sweater or no sweater, a costume or no costume, as well. It is a season for reading, baking, football, friendship, spookiness, and having the liberty to decide and do what you want! Autumn means freedom, but not only that, it also means tasty food!

Plump and fresh pumpkin, ambrosial roasted turkey, flavorful cinnamon, and crisp and warm apples are a few aromas that characterize autumn. There are so many delectable and savory things in season. It surely beats gingerbread winter, watermelon summer, and spring veggies. And if the traditional autumn/Thanksgiving foods aren’t appealing to you, you can always add your own twist on things! La calabaza es muy buena para sopas, y tambien puedes comer lo con arroz! Thanksgiving foods can be whatever you and your family and friends want them to be! (If you don’t like pumpkin I definitely think you’re missing out on amazing treats. But at least there’s an infinite variety of pies to choose from!) Food is definitely one of the ultimate comforts of autumn!

Autumn is right around the corner, which is exciting to some, and frightful to others. Some get gloomy when they realize the year is getting closer to its end, the days are getting shorter, and the weather is getting colder. But I hope you now see that there are many things to celebrate and find comfort in during autumn. The falling leaves and warm hues of autumn all around you will always welcome you!

Pumpkin, apple, and coconut custard pie solo.