Dissertation on the Lamentable Methods of Voyaging | Teen Ink

Dissertation on the Lamentable Methods of Voyaging

By Trevor Cox BRONZE, La Jolla, California
Trevor Cox BRONZE, La Jolla, California

Chapter One: The City Bus
To begin my treatise on the sad affairs of modern transportation, I shall commence with the most popularly detested method: the city bus. I believe it somewhat of a common knowledge, or rather a common acknowledgment, if you will, that, the city bus is the epitome of an all-around uninteresting and undesirable route to ones desired or essential destination. That is to say, it is the most pitiful anathema for our daily commuters.
It can be said with the utmost integrity and honesty, that in general, this method is uncompromisingly stubborn in the fact that the busses seem as if no matter where your voyage starts, and where your voyage ends, it is nigh impossible to have a straight forward and efficient journey. It is indeed a fortunate commuter who need ride but one bus to arrive at their destination, and if I may so say, a lottery winner who needs not walk a mile to and from one’s bus stop. To further worsen the already downcast view of bussing, one often finds it to be little quicker than other conventional methods of transportation; even being but a less tiring way to arrive at the same time one would have if one had walked

On that note, the speed of transit is equitable to a snail in most urban settings, exacerbated by the fact that the estimated time of arrival is best not heeded, for it is for the most part greatly erratic. To elaborate, time is often of the essence, and one can often find oneself a fair ten minutes late. It has been my personal pleasure to bear the insulting brunt of the city bus’ blows, often in the ever so laughable event of seeing myself become late due to the impeccable timing of my own bus in a most provocative concoction with our most revered passengers: the old guy riding a wheel chair. Not only has this been my personal “pleasure” on multiple occasions; but it is in complete honesty where I may say I have felt the most crushing and agonizing pain through the acceptance of reality when my thoroughly behind schedule bus was further hindered by an old guy riding a wheel chair a mere three stops before the end of my expedition. Life, unable to present cake without a topping, chose to add insult to injury in the most bellicose of manners. A mere two stops away from the end of my expedition saw me dismayed and near tears at the sight of a second wheel chair passenger embarking on my medium of transportation.

My experience in taking the city bus.