Book Review of It Ends With Us | Teen Ink

Book Review of It Ends With Us

April 28, 2023
By 4tilmont SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
4tilmont SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

           This book is different from any other romantic book because it isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. The author ties in Lily’s past and hardships that then connect to her present life. It is filled with confusion, anger and sadness. It's one that you won’t want to put down. 


          This book is about a girl named Lily Bloom who meets a boy named Ryle Kincaid unexpectedly. Lily has a complicated past and as she is trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life her complicated past comes back to her face to face, but literally face to face when people who made her life problematic come back into her life later in the book. She then goes on to make some great achievements that she’s always wanted to accomplish. With those achievements comes complications in her life. Her life is like a roller coaster, either up or down but never constant. 


         During this book you might experience a whirlwind of emotions due to the unexpected turn of events included in this novel. These emotions could go from being furious at a character before turning the page and being infatuated with them again. Colleen Hoover did this by making the characters do things that are unexpected.  

         I enjoy the very high points of the plot because everything was happening all in that moment and so much built up to that moment. This makes you not want to put the book down because the author pulls you in. 


        Throughout this book is faced with so many challenges and unanswered questions. This book is not for the weak, the topics covered in this book are heavy, including family problems and abuse, but it is so impactful and written beautifully.  I enjoyed reading about how life isn’t always easy and how lots of things can happen and throw you for a loop. 

        I highly recommend this book for anyone who likes romantic books that you won’t be able to put down. 


The author's comments: