My School's Cell Phone Policy | Teen Ink

My School's Cell Phone Policy

May 14, 2009
By deadgiveaway BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
deadgiveaway BRONZE, Dell Rapids, South Dakota
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
everybody loves you when you're 6 foot under ground- John Lennon


I think that our cell phone policy shouldn’t be changed. Cell phones help me stay sane. I am on of those people that has to have things planned out of I get anxiety. Most of my friends don’t go to Dells and are graduated so I’m NOT bothering their education. It also helps me to have it in case I’m out of lunch money but forget to tell my mom before school. Even if you think taking them away would be for our benefit, shouldn’t we be able to decide what’s right for ourselves? Sometimes adults don’t know everything like they think they do. All through middle school, I was told to get ready to grow up because in high school you make your own decisions. Well here I am trying to just that but am being held back. This country was from freedom yet the government and school systems are restricting it. I think I should be able to choose for myself if it harms no one else. If something goes wrong I’ll deal with the consequences. I hope the school board knows that if they choose to take them away they’ll be making a grave mistake.