Maybe Change Isn't So Bad

By , Ambridge, PA
I was a just another child sitting in a classroom. There I was staring into space with my mind on everything but that English lesson. Every now and then I would take a look up at the front of the room and catch a few words of what the teacher was saying. I heard a few things, but what was really on my mind was change. I wasn’t ready for all the changes that life had in store for me. I was just adjusting to my newest change. Anything new would be bad for me.

I looked up and noticed that the teacher was watching me with a concerned look. “Why is she looking at me like that?” I remember thinking. I reached up to rub my eyes that were suddenly stinging and realized that I had been crying. I looked back at her and she was still giving me that look. I took a deep breath and gave her the best smile my min would let me work up. She continued on with her concerned stare and I felt like for once I could count on someone to really care about my life and how I was feeling. Suddenly as if I had lost all control the tears streamed down my face as rapid as the water in a stream after a storm. I knew that I couldn’t go on like that in front of so many people, but my mind wouldn’t let me stop. There I was the picture of a mess and yet inside I felt like for once there was a bit of hope in this thing called change.

I looked up and saw for the first time that kindness and caring can be found even in a stranger. I used to think that all change was bad and new people should not be trusted. Who would have thought the change of meeting a new person would change my mind so much? I guess you never know what can happen when you give people a chance.