P.F. Chang China Bistro | Teen Ink

P.F. Chang China Bistro

June 8, 2009
By Ruth Miranda BRONZE, Lawndale, California
Ruth Miranda BRONZE, Lawndale, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am a lover of Chinese food. But when it comes to choosing where to eat, I am extremely picky.

As soon as I walked in through the spinning doors of P.F. Chang restaurant, I already had high expectations and requirements I hoped they could meet and fulfill. Finally, to my relief, they seemed to have met one of my primary requirements, a pleasant and comfortable ambiance to eat.

Although the restaurant was elegant, I was not sure if their food would be able to meet my high expectations as well. As I opened the neat and well organized menu, I found to my advantage several different varieties of plates from beef, to chicken, seafood and even vegetarian plates. Just reading the names made my mouth watery. There were also appetizers, soups, deserts and quite a few different refreshing drinks. I was delighted to see that the menu had also met another one of my expectations, it did not lack variety.

The restaurant blends in with other small shops at the Del Amo Shopping center, located on 3525 W Carson St. Torrance, CA 90503. It is hard to miss where the restaurant is situated due to the horse statues that seem to serve as emblems to know where exactly to find the restaurant. There seems to be at every location a mural which represents some of China’s history, especially from the 12th century. What many may not know is that the horse statues grace the entrance with historical significance.

After having glanced at the menu several times I decided to get the Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wrap for starters and the Fried Rice with chicken. I waited impatiently for my plate and when it arrived, the aroma made my heart skip a beat. The smell was delectable and capable of making some one go crazy for it. The pieces of lettuce tasted as fresh as they looked. The chicken was full of flavor and the best I had ever tried in my life. Just eating the starter left me anxious and hungry to try more. The fried rice looked brown as if titrated with the right amount of soy sauce and the chicken was also to die for.

It felt like a dream, since I had never tasted food that was so exquisite. The only disappointment after eating in heaven was having to leave the restaurant and face reality. I knew there were not many places like this one. P.F. Chang is like a rare species scientists find in the middle of nowhere. Finally, I was happily able to announce that P.F. Chang had met the most important requirement and expectation: having delicious and tasteful food.