Teens Vs Parents | Teen Ink

Teens Vs Parents

By Patrick Anderson BRONZE, Bellingham, Washington
Patrick Anderson BRONZE, Bellingham, Washington

Teens VS Parents

“Why didn’t you clean your room?” “Mom I was doing homework!” “Don’t give me that, I saw you playing games!” “Whatever, I hate you!” Has this ever happened to you? If so your part of a growing trend. The rebellion stage happens between 13 and 17. It’s more like the change kids go threw parents may see it more as attitude. They should be able to tell you what to do because you’re in their house paying no rent. Similar to a restaurant if you don’t have money you wash dishes to pay for yourself.

The teen is changing into an adult and is ready to make their own decisions. Parenting is now a whole lot harder. The parents aren’t ready to let go of the control they used to have over their child so when the kid does something the parents don’t respect it. This is where the conflict begins, the teen wants his way the parent wants theirs. To resolve it they yell, sure they could use compromise but the anger already built up has to be let out somehow.

Just because you’re mad doesn’t mean you should yell though. If you give respect you will get respect. There’s a reason they get mad, we sit on our couch lazily watching TV. Your mom calls you and asks you to do the dishes before they get home from work. You say alright and continue watching TV. Quickly, she comes home and yells, your only excuse, “I didn’t feel like it.” Couldn’t you have taken those five extra minutes to do something?

After they fed you housed and provided you with everything you needed you still do nothing? All that money spent on you’re new PS3 or Xbox 360 you can’t give them a little time to relax? All they ask for in return for their money is a son or daughter who loves them and can spend their time on someone besides themselves. Although they re happy to provide for you, they still like help.

Let’s take a look into the future. In time you’ll make it to your own apartment you got to know how to take care of it. Your going to have to wash you’re clothes sometime and you can’t get some one else to do it for you. So take the chores your parents give you as a learning experience for the future. Ask yourself whether you want to have a close family that will always be there when you need them our have no contact whatsoever and be completely independent with no support.

This may all seem new to some of you and for those kids their parents could never be so lucky. Ask them the kinds of privileges they get you don’t all because of a five minute job. Ask them how much happier their parents are compared to yours. I’m not trying to tell you how to live your life but some friendly advice that you should definitely take because it will pay off in time and lead to a better less stressful future for both teens and parents.

Arapp BRONZE said...
on Jun. 8 2009 at 3:46 am
Arapp BRONZE, Bellingham, Washington
yeah patrickk

Daniel K. said...
on Jun. 2 2009 at 3:05 am
suprising...

on May. 29 2009 at 5:10 am
Michael Larsen BRONZE, Bellingham, Washington
This is actually pretty good i was surprised when it was on like the main paige