preps, jocks, and jockets | Teen Ink

preps, jocks, and jockets

By haley dyer BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
haley dyer BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio

Why do most high school students want to be the head or captain of a team?
Well, personally I think they strive to become this so people like them, and put them in the spotlight. But maybe they do this because of something that happened to them in their past. For instance, maybe they went to the bathroom in their pants, or came in last place at field day, or just got made fun of when they where kids.

But back to the subject of why they are doing this; they could be doing this to make people like them, or just to make themselves feel important. So they put all there time and effort into making the team, but once they make the team they try harder to become the captain, and one they are captain they spend all day talking and thinking about the sport with their fellow team members. But little do they see that while making “new” friends they are losing their old friends who liked them for who they are and who they where.
So by the time the end of the season when all the “new” friends aren’t around to take you places and help you meet other “new” people, you’ll be stuck pondering, “Where’d all my true old friends go?”
But the truth is, when you change who you are, most people, even you, will not like who you’ve become. But no matter what you do and how much you change, a true friend will always be there for you till the end.