A New Perspective

I have to ask this. I can’t hold back my streaming thoughts.
Why is it that my religion is any less than yours? I have to be respectful and recognize yours as “truth” when truth in it of itself can’t truly be applied to a proof-less subject?
You sit there wondering how can I not believe. Say I consort some temptation, the devil and that I am doomed to hell. Never mind that you deny rights based solely on religion- a religion that stole from mine and changes terms to fit their benefits?

Is it really so hard to understand that I am knowledgeable of what I reject~ I don’t lack the necessary knowledge to comprehend. In fact my knowledge is the reason I reject your truth- your religion.

I don’t fear your Holy persons or Holy relics. I am not ashamed of who and what I am.

How can you not understand that I see you as wrong? I see your religion as wrong. I won’t insult you and say it directly to you because that too is wrong and I am trying to offer you the self-same courtesy that I seldom receive.

Why should I fear some Heavenly Coward who can’t speak and offer respect to differing opinions, but instead must cause plagues and floods? Or simply turn his children out of a haven because they are human and made a mistake. Why should I – or anyone else for that matter- fear that which does not exist?

Perhaps I insult you and others like you.

But I am insulted by having to be this frank with you. You put me in the position where I must either acquiesce and by extension agree with you, or stand up and “represent” the opinions and feelings of others like me.

I am done acquiescing.

I am standing up.

For Religious Tolerance

wiccanecitty said...
unique take. Might I ask what faith you follow? My thoughts say The Wiccan path....

M

mandapanda91 replied...
Dec. 21, 2009 at 9:44 am
Wiccanecitty, I am not wiccan, though I thank you for your commments.