Teenage Feelings | Teen Ink

Teenage Feelings

By Kaylin Williams BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
Kaylin Williams BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio

When you’re a teenager and your parents are getting a divorce it is hard on you. Not as if being a teenager isn’t hard enough. You go through so much with trying to act like nothing is wrong and your life is fine just the way it is. Even though you struggle and can’t help what your parents are going through. You try in stick it out the best way as possible!

During a divorce you always have to listen to your parents fight and bicker about everything even if it’s not important. It’s hard, sad, and stressful on everybody in the family not just the mom and dad. The children go through more hurt than the parents do. They always have to choose sides and never know the write thing to say. Another hard thing is to go house to house. Not as if keeping up with your belongings isn’t hard enough, you have to go through two houses to look for something you may need. And having to switch off for special occasions like Christmas an birthdays, you never know if one will be mad or if they’re sad about the decision you made.

Getting married is a big decision. If you aren’t sure you want to be with that person for the rest of your life you should wait it out and see. Because when you have to go through a divorce you hurt everybody, not just yourself or your spouse. You hurt everyone, especially the children. So before you say, “I do” you should think twice and think about your life and if you really want to be tied down for the rest of your life!

FatesMistake13, Springerville, Arizona

"Most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes." Oscar Wilde

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show the world its own shame."

im sorry for what you've gone through, i know how it feels. My parents got divorced when i was two and then both got remarried and divorced again when i was older.  I'd also like to say dont be to upset at your parents. I understand the anger and resentment and hurt that yuor feeling beacuse of their choices but you have to remember that people change and curcinstances change. When they married they could've been completely in love but as i said things changed and what seemed unthinkable at the beginning happened; they got divorced. Maybe they thought it was best for everyone invovled and maybe it will be in the long run. My parents divorce was.

Anyways, this was well written and i hope things get better.:)