Politics: Give Us A Break! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

What happened to decency and respect? This election's political campaigns were a sad example of how low people can sink. We were upset enough with the faltering economy and shady political dealings as it was, but to have to witness a mud-slinging, name-calling campaign was not what we wanted to see.

Watching a television show or listening to the radio meant having to endure the terrible campaign commercials and seeing the politicians compete for the "best insult" award. Most of the campaigns were based on how terrible a person the opponent was, not considerate politicians that spoke truthfully of the issues. For many voters, making a choice on the ballot was hard enough, but having to listen to all the nonsense and watch the politicians throw insults back and forth was even more difficult.n