I Know You'Re Scared This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Sometimes it's hard to know when to ask for help. In high school, relationships can get pretty difficult. Most couples' problems can be worked out, unless the problem is violence. Sometimes we care about someone who isn't always good for us. It must be scary to have your boyfriend hit you. I sometimes feel that I could handle that type of situation, but then I realize that I am wrong. You should never stay with a boyfriend because you're scared, threatened, or because you feel he's the best you can do, because you're wrong! His violence and temper may be a reaction to many, many things. He may need serious help, but first you need help. You are not alone. You are not the cause; you're the victim. n

Jay.xe said...
today at 6:25 pm
I agree with the points made, however, women aren't the only victims of abuse and the same goes towards men, they aren't always the abusers.