On Being Strange Vi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You probably know me, but I don't care. I am STRANGE or different, as Tammy Manson put it.(in the March issue). My being different is probably your fault. I shouldn't say that because I chose to be this way. When I first moved to Weymouth in third grade, I always wore skirts and dresses. Not too in. The other kids told me I was different, so I believed them. I hated third grade so much I ran away from home near the end of the year. The next year I was in counseling. Counseling was a joke, an excuse to leave class once a week. In junior high I didn't bother to put my hair up. Who cared? I certainly wasn't pretty, or so I was told. With high school things haven't changed much. I am not really that different.. It's unfair to label me strange because you don't want to find out who I am. I am really a friendly person. Don't judge a book by its cover. You might miss a friend.