C'Mon Girls, Show Some Intelligence This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

We've all seen them or know some of them. They wear skin tight clothes that are either too low cut on top or too high cut on bottom. They wear industrial strength makeup that has to be chiseled off at the end of the day, and so much hair spray that they could be held solely responsible for the hole in the ozone layer. Their behavior is what rounds off their description. The blank stare, the way they constantly snap their gum and twirl their hair, the high pitched giggle, and the way they whine "Oh! It's so cute!" when they could be looking at a three-headed, blood-sucking toad.

If you haven't figured out who I'm talking about yet, I'll tell you. It's your local high school bimbo, ditz, airhead, dumb blond (or brunette or redhead), whatever you prefer to call them. They're out there and I'm sick and tired of them. It's pretty apparent that these girls act stupid on purpose to get the attention of guys. And the unbelievable thing is that most of these guys fall for this dumb and helpless act. Well, I for one, will never, I repeat never, stoop so low as this stupidity act to get the attention of any guy.

In my opinion, any guy who finds acting dumb and helpless attractive is not worth my time. I'm no expert, but it's obvious that any guy who's only interested in you because of the way you wiggle, giggle, and whine is definitely immature. Either he's using you to make him look superior, or he's only after one thing, and you know what I mean.

Don't be used! Use your intelligence! n

pageturner This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I get your point of view. But it seems like you stopped short of something

JustBeingME said...
This is soooo true! I hate girls like that and it sickens me. Loved your article since it was so easy to relate to.

Aug. 1, 2010 at 11:12 am
Right on. But I also happen to know quite a few smart blondes.

WhisperRoseErnest replied...

I don't think the author was saying that blondes are dumb... I think (s)he was merely saying that is sometimes these kinds of girls are called "dumb blondes".

:) 

-Whisp