Premature Decisions This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Many people have different opinions pertaining to the acquittal of four policemen in the Rodney King brutality case. Although this is America and all citizens have the right to say what they want, they should think first. Before everyone goes running around yelling and arguing, they should get the facts straight.

Immediately after hearing the verdict in the Rodney King trial, everyone had decided: guilty or not guilty. Then, the television networks literally got swamped with bias reports about what they thought was right. Because of this impatience, riots broke out all over the country.

If only people had not "jumped the gun" and had watched the trial. No one can truly be right or wrong until they have seen the actual case in its entirety.

Because of everyone's lack of information, there are over 50 people dead and hundreds wounded. Yet all of it could have been prevented. n