Teen Marriages This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In my senior class of ninety-two people, at least seven are engaged. One is already married.

While I am happy for these people, it still makes me wonder: are they really ready to tie the knot? It seems as though they are giving up their youth, not to mention their freedom. Believe me, your life changes a lot when you get married. Just take a look at your parents. They're a lot different from your average seventeen-year-old.

I guess I'm just scared for them because I don't want to see them get married, realize they've made a mistake, then go through a divorce, especially before they've had the chance to be a teenager.

If they really think that they're in love, then they should just wait awhile, until they've finished college or gotten a good job, and then think about devoting their lives to one another. After all, think how many relationships in the past you thought were "the one." n

agsmiley888 said...
i agree with you but i think that to go through life you have to learn form your mistakes. And take a chance in life, and if it doesnt work out, then hey you learned something new. But i see what you mean, personally i agree too, but sometimes we do things that we regret and that's good because we learn form them.