Should The School Day Be Extended? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Should the School Day be Extended?

by B. B., Trumbull, CT

In a recent issue, you asked the question should we extend the school day. My answer to this question is "Yes."

Though many of you are thinking, "this girl is nuts," hear me out. I feel the school day should be extended, but we should receive one day off a week.

In most high schools the day is from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If the day were extended to 3: 30 p.m. this would make up for the day off.

This extra day would give students a chance to catch up on their homework and long-term assignments. It would also give teachers a rest from their hectic schedules and more time to prepare lessons.

I feel the extended school day would be a great asset to schools everywhere.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 1:08 am
i love this so much!