No Smoking This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

It makes you reek. It stains your teeth. It hinders your athletic ability. It reduces your life expectancy. It's prohibited in almost all public places. You may motivate others to start doing it. There is a surgeon general's warning on the side of every pack telling you how bad it is for your health. It's an expensive habit. Once you start, you can't stop. Yet young people who are aware of the risks of smoking continue to take up this bad habit.

Every day I see junior high and high school students smoking. Didn't they pay attention in health class? Don't they see the warning on every cigarette pack and advertisement? Why are they putting their health in jeopardy? Smoking only has negative effects. I know that I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said a million times before but if you smoke, quit today! If you don't smoke, don't start! ?

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 12:53 am
i love this so much!