Does Death = Popularity? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Why is it that when singers (or actors) die, they instantaneously become more famous than when they were alive? Take, for instance, the Tejano singer, Selena. Most people in the United States had never even heard of her until she was fatally shot this spring by her fan club president. Now Selena has number one albums and number one songs, which she never had when she was alive. She is all over the place. The same can be said for late Nirvana member, Kurt Cobain. When he died, Nirvana's album sales hit the roof as did Nirvana merchandise. It's been a year and a half since Kurt died, and he's still as popular as ever. When will it end? Now the Grateful Dead are becoming more popular because Jerry Garcia died. I see people who can't even name one Grateful Dead song wearing their shirts. It's ridiculous! ?

Ashee boo said...
Dec. 12, 2008 at 1:50 am
exacly like tu-pack been dead for a good 5 years and just released a new cd and now that hes dead you see peopel wearing thing with his face on it and what not