Solutions: Violence This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I think I have an excellent solution to end violence in our communities. First of all, people have to care! I mean, how is anything going to get done if no one takes the time to help? I hear people saying that the violence is getting out of hand, but yet they do nothing to help. It makes me sick to think about it.

Second, parents should talk to their kids about violence; they should set an example for them. If our generation knows what's right, and does something good to help the situation, then our children will have a better world to live in.

Finally, we should take this situation with violence seriously. I feel, and this is my opinion, that no one is taking this problem seriously. I mean, some people actually make violence into a joke. Doesn't anyone realize that today's children are seeing this and are getting the idea that violence is good? This is wrong! I personally do not want my children to grow up in a world that is full of violence, and I'm sure that there are other people who agree that something should be done, but yet no one does.

All I'm asking is for everyone to take a good look at our world, and see how violence has distorted our way of life, and maybe then something can be done. ?

AngryDeli said...
Feb. 22, 2016 at 2:11 am
This whole piece was a load of crap. You have done more to divide the two communities rather than unite. You are basically saying that every straight ally is under scrutiny for being a closet homophobe who just as soon call you a faggot and run back to their lily white bread world of massive social acceptance. And you wonder why more straight allies give up so easily.