Solutions: Child Abuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

emluvespups said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 1:48 am:
STOP! EVERYONE STOP! Yes child abuse is wrong, but for the people that do it, they might have ssome issues or maybe their sick. You can't blame people on stuff they can't help! I didn't have any expierence with this but i definetly  know about what's the right thing to do about child abuse

skywitch replied...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 2:54 pm :

Not always, a parent can have a mental disease, or could just be missing the instinct that says "Don't hurt your child. That wrong.". This is not always the case but it happens. Yes the person could still help it but they would need to think, and if you are abusing you child, then you don't (think).

But no matter what it's still wrong.

skywitch replied...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 2:55 pm :
I also say a way to avoid this is for them not to have children.

bluespark13 said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 7:42 am:
 i agree 2 people like that shouldn't have children >.<

funnythewayitis said...
May 2, 2010 at 5:51 pm:
i agree wholeheartadly that people who abuse children shouldnt have them. however, with experience, I know that abuse in the home isnt always given by the parent.

Mella777 replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 12:22 pm :

If abuse isn't always given by the parent, you mean it's given by the child?

poor helpless parents abused by their childen...? step it up!, thats their own fault too!

AsIAm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 11:43 am :
While children can inadvertently emotionally abuse their parents, I think she means abuse can be just as deadly when coming from older siblings, their friends, or older siblings of your friends.  But whoever is doing it, it is sad.

allieboo said...
Mar. 26, 2010 at 7:54 am:
and lillymay what u say that its totally normal its not at all.and ur discusting for thinking so , no person in there right mind would ever touch a kid hard enough to hurt them, then we got thse people out there who abuse those children its not fair what did the kid ever do to deserve that? exactally NOTHING AT ALL!! AND ITS NOT NORMAL SO DONT EVEN SAY THAT!

allieboo said...
Mar. 26, 2010 at 7:49 am:
i think that if someone has the decency to beat that poor little kid (or older kid) then i think that whatever they did to hurt that kid they should be locked up in jail and everyday that they are there they should get punished and get beaten.

dancinggiz58 said...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 8:06 pm:
all i have to say to you lillymay is that if child abuse was so normal it wouldnt be called a problem by a lot of people. it also wouldnt be in news articles and frowned upon by so many. child abuse is far from normal....its disgusting

StephanieK said...
I think that people who abuse their kids, should be locked up. I have dealt with children who have been abused, through my babysitting and it is soo tough.

t012iix2 said...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 10:08 am:
this is extremely true.
every parent who has abused they're children should be forced to get serious mental help.
i hate people like that, they deserve to be beaten just like they do their children.

lindseyboo02 said...
Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:36 am:
i so agree child abuse is wrong and it needs to stop. that child didnt do nothing to you !!!

dbtwin495 said...
May 7, 2009 at 4:48 pm:
This article was really smart. You have a lot of tenacity
: ).

chels_#13 said...
Apr. 22, 2009 at 12:05 am:
I agree child abuse needs to stop i think iif u have time to have sex or have any kids then u have time to love them i know somtimes that could be hard for other to provide what they need but atleast try to talk to somone before it gets out of control and i think that if a child does bad then u should DISPLINE them sry if thats spelled wrong but seriously displine and abuse a way to totaly different things and i agree with venessa_09 if they are abused they should be taken away and put in to a ... (more »)

Elena_fisher replied...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm :
I agree because if they want kids they have to take care of them. But if you don't want kids and you do you can let them go to a adoption center

venessa_09 said...
i agree but goin and geting somehelp for the parents they abuse their kids dont alway help them i believe if the parent keep abuseing there child they should be taking away for the child to have a better life..
i justs want to say that .. i like is artcle its really good
-> venessa_09

Lillymay replied...
Jan. 19, 2010 at 2:39 pm :
I do not agree with any of you! Yes, you make cildabuse sound wrong but really its perfectly normal!!

alayapoetgirl replied...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 3:55 pm :
If child abuse "perfectly normal"(qoute), then why aren't the children abused "perfectly normal"...or in a "normal" mental state of mind, if it's so "normal"?

skywitch replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm :

Killing your child may be perfectly normal to some animals but not to humans. 

P.S. Why do you think child abuse is normal?

thejoyofrediscoveringThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 7:05 pm :
That is disgusting and totally uncalled for lillymay. Imagine if you had to live with being abused EVERYDAY. Some of my friends are abused. Shame on you.