Solutions: Child Abuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

kelsee727 said...
I had to write some persuasive speech a few months ago and I chose child abuse. Although there really is not anything to persuade..it was still an option. I do not understand why people bring children into the world when all they are going to do to the children is give them a tragic life. I've never been abused. Therefore I cannot say this with confidence, but if I had been abused I would not want to have my children experience that kind of pain I had felt. I would want to do the complete opposi... (more »)

barbie.doll.keri replied...
May 15, 2011 at 1:55 pm :
I am working on the same persuasion speech. I have done all the research I can possibly do, watched all the sad videos on youtube, and even shed a few tears for those who were lost due to child abuse. It's terribly sad to see what children have to go through now. Being a parent was a choice, if you did not want the blessings of being a parent then they shouldn't have put theirselves in that position in the first place. I look at kids and see nothing but love, I don't know how anyone can do this ... (more »)

Bruskknight replied...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:38 am :
i am writing a speech for my english class..i choose child abuse as my topic because i want to shoe what the consequence of child abuse are and give awareness of the issues to the people around.

ashley1012 said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:24 am:
i agree with this article people parnets should not abuse ther child becuase if my dad was to abuse me i would walk out the door and got to the police station and then go back to the house with the police and tell him see ya and i will leave

SparrowFeather said...
Mar. 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm:
wow. you just told us everything we already know, then didn't propose a solution. Sorry, but this is just a weak attempt at a solution, not actually one.

getalifebastard replied...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 8:34 am :
well, she can't fix a problem she doesn't know the situation to. Abuse is serious...we all know that but maybe you need to figure it out for yourself since  you think it's a joke. She probably wasn't attempting to do anything...just restating what people probably have forgotten. Children are suffering and all you can care about is how awful she put that message out there. Some people need little pushes like this so they have the courage enough to confess their abuse problems.

SparrowFeather replied...
Mar. 11, 2011 at 6:15 pm :
okay, lets just take a step back for a second. I certainly don't think that abuse is a joke. Nothing I wrote was intended to suggest that i did. I can see the angle that you're coming from about restating the facts, and i agree that that is an interesting perspective to look at things from. Perhaps that was the intended result, and I read it from a different view point (one that was more literary minded, and less problem-focused). I do think that awarness is very important, as it is the first st... (more »)

mikeymikemike replied...
May 8, 2013 at 12:31 pm :
Go you SparrowFeather. Calm down getalifebastard it was a legitimate and completely accurate comment.

Aspiringauhor said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm:
I think that the parents should also go through therapy (as well as the children) because more often than not, the cause of the child abuse is that they were abused as a child. Maybe getting some of those pent up feelings would not only make them feel better but make them realize how harsh they are being to their kids. I cannot believe that anyone could be cruel enough to hurt a child, but I know that there are people who do that, so I love this article and to anyone who is being abused: Tell so... (more »)

Jasperbobmel said...
that is sooo true... i have seen the effects of long term abuse two of my family members... they both ended up unhappy and very emotionally unstable...

beautifuldisaster18 said...
Dec. 30, 2010 at 10:58 am:

Most of the time parents who abuse their children were abused themselves as children. I am not condoning child abuse! But also, sometimes the parents don't see that they are doing wrong. They just see it as "discipline". We, as outsiders, need to just keep an eye out for children who may be victims. Or listen to people! I think that's a big problem we have. We don't listen when someone needs help. If we listen they may tell us something and we can tell the police. But starting a group won't h... (more »)

TaylorDawnThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i so agree with this! i haven't been physically abused, but another type of abuse is mental....

sillygirl880 said...
Dec. 11, 2010 at 6:20 am:
i agreee i think we should have sopme sort of group of somesort to help prvent this situation but u are apsolutley correct on that one.  my friend has wexperienced this and i go with her to help her talk during therapy  she has been able top open up more but she is still cautious about things.

SecretSasha said...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:35 am:
I agree! Children, and Teens should not have to go through abuse of any kind. Emotional, verbal abuse can be scarring just like physical, usually they aren't helped though.

LonglegsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 8 at 6:33 pm :
Yes! Exactly. Hurtful words are as bad as physical abuse.

abeatleschick94This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i have personally experienced this. All of this is absolutely true. If something like this happens to you, get help now! I'm going through therapy, and been getting better. I love this article!

SaMiLoVe97 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I totally agree with you!!! Have any of you ever read "The Child Called It"? Or "The Lost Boy"?. they are two books that are written by a man who went through every single thing in those books. They're really sad, but immensly inspiring.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 1:17 pm :
Yes, I read both of those books. They were so inspiring - yet terribly sad. I cannot believe anyone (the mother in the books) would be that cruel and heartless so as to actually put a little boy through that.

KInG-B-101 said...

I Agree 100%...I think Teens our age need to realize these things!

tom2442 replied...
Nov. 16, 2010 at 3:58 pm :
realise what?