Tv Is Not To Blame! This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I'm tired of society blaming its problems on television. How are the problems of teen pregnancy, unprotected sex, child murderers, and alcohol abuse caused by television? I don't know. The problem occurs when television sets start raising children, instead of parents. Parents need to take responsibility for their children and their home. If they feel it's necessary, they can censor what is watched. When I was younger, my parents taught me right from wrong. If more parents took the time and made the effort, the illusion of what happens on television would be separated from reality.

If you're really looking to point fingers, look not only at our parents, but at the leaders of this country. Corrupt parts of the government are being exposed; we are going to war; and our presidents are being accused of adultery. The President and Congress can hardly agree on anything. There are more important things to use time, money and effort on than censoring television. So, take some responsibility and pass the remote control. ?

What do you think of the new proposed TV ratings? Call the Opinion Line today!