Girls Are Crazy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Eve, the mother of all, definitely started the trend of insanity. She had a loving husband, a beautiful garden and God at her fingertips. Naturally, Eve was not satisfied. She gave in to temptation (the snake) and ate the stupid apple. She ruined the lives of women for the rest of eternity by passing on the trait of insanity. Yes, it is true, women are completely crazy.

I believe women are completely crazy versus slightly crazy. Why else would it be it necessary for us to go to the bathroom in packs? Are we so petrified of solitude that we cannot even dispose of our bodily functions alone? I admit I often go to the bathroom in packs and I have no excuse. I suppose I am crazy.

Then, there is the whole beauty process that is performed by women. Crazy women all around allow hot wax to be spread on their bodies and rid them of hair in unwanted places. This act of beauty, along with plucking eyebrows, is painful. Women also pay a large amount of money to have their nails done. This is a useless act because the following day, the nails will chip or break. There goes fifty dollars down the drain. That in itself is pure insanity.

It has always been portrayed or expected for women to be thin. If a woman is not, her beauty is considered in jeopardy. This has led many women into the craziest action imaginable: starving themselves to reach a desired weight. Anorexia and bulimia are diseases usually found in women. They destroy their bodies just to be pleasing to the eye, when in actuality, they already are. Many insecure younger women also over-exercise, which may result in stunted growth. These serious conditions are more examples of women's "insanity."

These examples are just a sampling of women's craziness. Overall, it is clear that the world's mysteries of women's actions lead to one simple reason: women are crazy. ?

aleb said...
The wierd thing is that a woman wrote this.... wtf ftw

Natasha101 said...

Haha, this made me laugh!  Love your writing style :)

All your points are true about some women, but do those facts really make us "crazy"?  Maybe that's just who we are.  Friendly, sensitive, observant females. 

Aderes18 said...
Women are not crazy! We are beautiful, loving creatures! Using Adam and Eve as an example is sexist to me because one of the reasons why the Western culture was again women's rights was because of Eve. So what if girls go to the bathroom together! Not all girls do it, besides it's a good example, better example, cliques then I'll agree with you. Actually, not all cultures think a thin woman is pretty and most women in other cultures don;t shave. This article was based on a western POV. Personall... (more »)

NonsensicalMuse said...

Maybe we are, but it's men's fault. All of your points are on beauty.We wouldn't be so concerned with our image if men loved us for looking like ourselves as opposed to some pre-determined form of "beauty". I we felt like we would be loved and accepted without looking a specific way we wouldn't go all-out and do "crazy" things to look that way.

Juan replied...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 9:56 am

Going to the bathroom in packs is probably an instinct from primitive times; it was unhygenic to do that stuff in the cave, and dangerous to go outside alone (wolves etc) so women would accompany each other for protection.

As for the anorexia, that is a cultural thing; there have been times and places where society appreciated women's curves and plumpness.