An Executive Choice | Teen Ink

An Executive Choice

February 13, 2019
By A.McGowan BRONZE, Bay Village, Ohio
A.McGowan BRONZE, Bay Village, Ohio
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The Best Is Yet to Come"


Given the chance to be the CEO of any company of my choice, I would pick Alphamicron, a business in the very early stages of its development. Alpha Micron is the manufacturer of liquid crystal glasses that are able to tint and clear instantaneously. While this invention could make significant waves in any sector, the company refuses to go to an automated system of production that would expedite their output, and instead hand make everything. Were I the CEO of this company, I would move away from hand making the products to a robotic assembly line. This invention has proven critical to the military and to NASA, but because of the scale of production they have been unable to expand into the general consumer market. Transition lenses are unpredictable, and the user does not have any control over the tinting of the glass. With Alphamicron’s system, the user makes the choice, and any glasses can transition. This also could be applied to schools, homes, and hospitals where glare from sun could easily be reduced conveniently without drapes or blinds. Given the scale of production and the applicability, normal glass would no longer necessary or effective. Transforming the status quo can just be changing glass; this would significantly alter the status quo because of the numerous applications of the product. But bringing this new, more effective system to market may required an automated, precise assembly line. Were I to change the status quo through and existing company, it would definitely be Alphamicron.