A Meaningful Life | Teen Ink

A Meaningful Life

December 31, 2018
By sidewalkteen BRONZE, Lahore, Other
sidewalkteen BRONZE, Lahore, Other
4 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
And when all the wars are done a butterfly will still be beautiful...


Some people spend their whole lives dissatisfied, in search of a purpose. But what most people don’t understand is that they already have what thet need, for a purposeful existence. The error lies in the failure of not recognizing what does matter instead of pondering on what is missing from their existence. A hapy life and a meaningful life are deeply correlated. Leading a life full of meaning is one of the enduring paths to happiness. While happiness is an emotion which eventually fades away, meaning is enduring. It connects our past to our present and leads us to our future. Hence, as said there is more to happiness than being happy.

Feeling that what you are doing has a real purpose and matters to you makes a big difference in our lives. It makes getting up every morning the most exciting thing in the world, you cant wait to work hard for your purpose. This passion is the thing that drives great people to do great things, to live a meaningful life full of purpose, satisfaction and happiness.

But how do you cultivate such a life? The answer to this is usually complicated. However, it depends upon many factors.  Following are some ideas that may help you to live a meaningful life:

 

1.FIND YOUR PURPOSE

If someone put a gun to your head and said ”give me one reason for you to live” what would this reason be? What do you stand for? Is its purpose is to serve others? To inspire people with your work of art? Finding your life’s purpose is a daunting task. Figure out which activities make you feel most alive. It requires a movement in our part, they cant be recoginized by sitting in front of tv screens the whole day.

2. BE IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE STORY

Be aware of yourself and your actions. Remain mindful of what you do at all times, and make sure you are living life according to your principles, your life’s purpose, and what you are passionate about. Review your actions each day, taking stock of those that strayed from your path. Work towards correcting any incidents in the future.

3. KNOW WHAT IS IMPORTANT

Know what’s important for you. Write down your top 5 things that you believe are the essence of how you want to live life. We all have some things that are more important than others. Pinpointing this is something you must do on your own, since there is no general definition as to what’s most important in your life. If you prioritize your family, focus on spending time with them. If you like singing, turn this into your hobby or job. In other words, pursue your passion in life. The world is your limit.

4. SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE

The life is more meaningful if you do things what energize you, so get rid of all the things that leave you frustrated. By simplifying your life youll have more time to focus on whats more important.

5. SET GOALS

Focus on the meaning of your life.  Make a habit of creating a list of goals you will do over the day or the week, not further. The list should consist of things that are achievable and realistic to avoid failure.

Following this list is pretty daunting but as it is said “ one who persists is a man of purpose”.

You are who you are. There is no one like you. Find youre capable of and stand for it.Finding your meaning of life is a journey that never ends. What you find meaningful today might not appear meaningful to you tomorrow. You must maintain your living meaningful every step of the way. Life is about the journey, not the destination. Living with purpose gives your journey fulfilment, a meaning and eventually happiness. As it is said: “ happiness comes and goes but when the life is really good and the things are really bad,having meaning gives you something to hold on to.”