Creativity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

In a world that is built by the right brain and lived in by the left, it is increasingly important for creativity to thrive as the emphasis on things like television increases. While intuition and impulse are generally not a focus, they are creativity's best friends. Creativity can be defined as the ability or power to create, though it is often argued that it must be something original or of value. What exactly creativity is, though, has and always will be in question.

Creating something entirely new and original, using any medium, is difficult. To have no traces of inspiration from another work seems almost impossible, yet is done every day. Take all the technological advances, for instance, while the creative boundaries have barely been scratched in that field. Whether it's an innovative invention, a mind- blowing painting, or anything that the world has not seen before, that kind of expressed creativity is what keeps the world evolving.

Everyone has some degree of natural creativity that depends more on how you nurture it than what you are born with. If a person is born with all the creative ability in the world but never allows him or herself to expand this gift, it will remain limited. If a person with less natural creativity puts him or herself in a more creative environment, that person will find the creative process much easier.

Try to find an inventor, musician or artist who grew up in front of the television. Chances are you won't find too many.

lggirl13 said...
Aug. 4, 2010 at 12:34 am
this is cool and very true