On Arrogance | Teen Ink

On Arrogance

July 12, 2018
By LindenTheTree SILVER, Somerville, Massachusetts
LindenTheTree SILVER, Somerville, Massachusetts
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Real G's move in silence like lasagna." - Lil' Wayne


How do we know if something is a universal truth? How dare we assume that a human experience shared with some others in our meek species has any relation to the rest of infinity? Even the difference between our existence and the existences of other things we know prove how non-universal these truths are. The hatred of differences, the inability to keep peace, and the curiosity driving exploration are unique to Homo sapien. This is proof not of the commonality of the phenomena, but of the arrogance of humanity. But, what affect does arrogance have on the universe? The laws of nature dictate the physics that dictate the chemistry that dictates biology. Arrogance, like every other trait of humanity and life, is a product of the biology, the chemistry, and the physics in each human body and its surroundings. Maybe it is arrogant to assume that arrogance can somehow affect these. Who was the first human to look out over a forest at sunrise, hearing the world wake up and go to sleep all at once, deciding in that moment that he was superior?