Real pain hurts | Teen Ink

Real pain hurts

By harleyoshea, dayton, Ohio
harleyoshea, Dayton, Ohio

Author's note: My teacher Mrs.I she challenged my to write this story.

He walked down the concert stairs, flicking the painful bright lights and walked to his wall of tools. Selecting a sharp bloody hammer, he strolled over to my cage. As he opened the door and pulled the chains around my wrist, digging them in farther, my wounds reopened. He pulled me onto the floor.
Trey, my capturer stood over me smirking then slammed the hammer down an inch from my face making my ears screech in pain as the echoing noise filled them laughing he locked me to the floor leaving me there wondering how I could have gotten here……

Keria
I woke up shifting my shoulders relaxing my muscles. As I got ready for school, as usual I walk to my car in the parking lot turned the key to my Ferrari and heard the engine roar to life. Going around the curving roads to Calvin Park High school, I park in my parking spot and go to greet my friends. “Hey James.”
“Hey Keria what are you up to?”
“Nothing much you?”
“Not a darn thing.”
“Sounds like fun.” I replied as I walked to Raven, Carle, and Sara. We made brief conversation, and taking a swift trip to the café to grab a cup of coffee and then off to my first period.
“There you are babe.”
“Oh hey Trey what are you up to this morning, not causing trouble I hope.”
“Well just have to wait and see.” Walking over to hug my boyfriend and sit in my seat, I can’t believe as senior he still plays all those stupid pranks. My classes go by in a blur and now the bell rings to close the day. Walking to meet Trey, I bump into a guy I don’t think I’ve met before. His sandy hair with beautiful aqua blue eyes and an anxious but excited smile, looking sheepishly, I grabbed my books and nod a goodbye. Crossing the parking lot to my car I met Trey half way and we hop into my car and head off to the mall. My phone rang about half way to the mall on I75 when Trey decides he’s gonna answer it.
This wouldn’t have bothered me but my ex-boyfriend has been calling my phone all week. When he answered it his face darkened that’s when the caucus started. He replied back to the voice on the phone saying, “Who is this?” After a long pause he went ballistic yelling in the phone, face red and popping blood vessels. The he looked over at me and struck me once in the face clouding my vision and spinning out of control. We crashed into a tree and a big one too. We hopped out of my car, yellow & smashed- hooded in and walked to the side of the street. We, well I called 911 and waited for them to come in silence. Here in the wonderful city of opportunity, I got into an ambulance and had to go to the hospital. The doctor said my eye was swollen and I had some bruising but I was fine and so was Trey.

My mom came and got me from the hospital leaving Trey on the curb. When I got home I went straight to my room and locked the door behind me going to my bathroom I looked in the mirror. My right eye was swollen shut, my lip busted and my cheek bruised. I could still taste the blood from my lip, a steel salty flavor. After showering and icing my face I went straight to bed. At school the next morning I stomped straight up to Trey and told him,” Look at my face! You think you can just hit my right in the face and us and are relationship would be okay?”

“Keria, babe, it was an accident.” He said threw clenched teeth but I didn’t care.

”We are so done Trey! You can leave me alone, I’m so sick of your dumb ego. You need to grow up.” My heart pounding in my chest, fire in my veins I made a scene no one will forget.

Trey’s face was cold when he whispered to me, “You think that punch was it or that were over no! We have only just begun. You will see Keria you will pay for this. You just wait and see.” Then he stomped away his and my own anger flying. Then on my way to my locker I met shy boy again only he was madder then a grizzly bear. He walked right up to me and asked, “Are you okay? I could teach that freak a lesion.” I just starred at him his blue eyes flaming.

“What’s your name?”

“Drake.”

“Well Drake I think I handled it but no objection to you smashing his face in.” And with that he nodded and walked away. That next hour I was called down to the office and there sat Drake and Trey. Trey’s face was smashed, bruised and bloody. Drake, on the other hand, only had a minor cut’s o his left arm. I sat next to Drake seeing it was the safest seat right now and waited for Mr. Brindsteen to call me into his office. And 2 hours later I was suspended for “Influencing” Drake to fight Trey.

So after getting my work for a week I left the building crossing the parking lot, I see Drake sitting on the curb fighting with someone on the phone and very angrily to. When he soon hung up the phone I walked over and stood in front of him. “You need a ride?”

“Yea but you don’t have to my dad will be here at 5:00 to get me.”

“No it’s not a problem besides I owe you one for what you did to Trey.”

“Welllllllll, I guess you do owe me for an easy fight.” At this I laughed. We got in my car and after brief direction to his house we were on the road. “Drake why did you listen to me when I said it wouldn’t bother me if you hit Trey?”

“Well Keria I can tell only tell you this. When your love is in distress you fight for their happiness.”

“Wow Drake I ……”

“Keria don’t say a word I just wanted you to smile again and wanted to be the one to put it there.” Then I was silent and let his words sink in until the reached me heart. When he asked, “Keria do you want to go out with me sometime?” Letting my heart answer I said,

“Yes Drake I really wouldn’t have it and other way.”

Drake

She said yes! I can’t believe she did like wow now she was really was mine now. Not trying to go to fast in this relationship so I just smiled and she seemed pleased. When we got to my house she got out of the car for some reason. Walking across the car she gave me a hug then gingerly pulled back and I placed her face in my hands as I imagined I’d do so many times and pulled her to me. When her lips touched mine electricity surged through me and even though it only lasted a second I craved for more. She smiled slightly laying her head then after a minute she turned and got in her car and drove away and when I looked down the street after her, wishing she was still in my arms.

Trey
I WILL GET HER FOR THIS IF IT’S THE LAST THING I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keria
Wow an explosion just went off inside me as my lips pressed against his my heart stopped. This guy I didn’t know had found a way to my heart and now I can’t let him go. But I know better and soon pulled away laying my face in his hand as I took in his woodsy, tart, blood stench smell; I knew I liked him more than I had ever liked Trey. After pulling myself away I scurried to my car, turned the key and take off down the street. Coming to my secret hide out that only I could stumble upon in New York. Climbing into my hole I lite up my lantern and go to my mirror. My hair was black with blue high- lights and my face was covered in make up to cover pimple’s and blotches but more today to cover my blacked face and eye. But under that my face was average my eyes were a gorgeous green and I was a perfect bodied girl I guess. My closes are designer but they weren’t all that confortable. I think Drake wouldn’t care if I changed it a little. But Drake was handsome his sandy hair just over his eyes, his eyes were blue pools of water a nice change to Treys muddy brown eyes. Drakes smile was breath taking with his white and straight teeth. Perfect. His body was built like a model; he was tall just right for me. He dressed casual and confortable. I wonder what my friends will think when they see us tomorrow? I don’t care I like him.

When I finally got home I took a warm shower. The hot water was a refuse to my sore muscles and bruised face. Lathered in strawberry butter cream lotion and in my fuzzy pajamas and a tank top and ordered pizza. After stuffing my face I got on Facebook and changed my relationship form dating Trey to Drake and went to bed. Waking up when the banging on my door down stairs became too loud to ignore. Walking down the stairs to the door I noticed my parents must have been at a cocktail party somewhere because their cars were still not here but the nocking consisted so after pulling on a robe I went to the door and then unlocked it and then a black figure ruched at me and then everything went black.
Trey

That was easier than I thought drugging her parents in the drive way and moving the cars was perfect. Now I had her and won’t let her go. She wanted to make me look bad well I’ll show her the meaning of bad.

Drake

She wasn’t at school today and that was surprising as far I know she never missed a day of school. Trey was there giddy with himself even though he had no more friends. But where was Keria? I could go to her house but I don’t think her parents would like me if I just pulled up at her house and they didn’t know me. Well maybe tomorrow she will be here I just hope she’s okay.
Keria

I woke up in my pj’s and in a giant dog cage with actual dog bowls with water and hash browns, then a blanket with a pillow. Leaning back the lights flicked on and out of the shadows come’s Trey with chains and shekels and when he opened the cage door I slammed my foot in his face. He fell back and I launched myself out of the cage and hurried to get to the stairs. Half way there Trey jumps and grabs my shoulders and pulled me to the ground and hooked me in the shekels to my hands and feet. Then dragged me to the center of the floor and locked me to a hook in the floor with a lock on it and left me to lay there. His muddy eyes staring at me with all the hate in the world, his blond hair draped in his face. Then he struck me once with a hammer in the leg that I kicked him with and then left me there screaming, thrashing and crying in pain.
Trey

My revenge now has only just begun and now she will pay.
Keria
My leg!!!! It hurts so bad I think it might be broken. I layed there for hours and memorized my surroundings. I was in a basement with a tool wall, concrete stairs, a stereo and 12 speakers then my cage with a name tag saying:

Here is the dumbest girl in the whole wide world Keria.
I was utterly disgusted with him. How could Trey be like this? I never knew Trey was this malicious and dangerous. I cried for a little bit but my surroundings never changed. I screamed at him knowing he heard me but didn’t answer. I just wish I could be with Drake.

Drake

Where is she? It’s been 2 weeks since I’ve seen her or held her. And Trey is strolling round here like he’s a king or something; I bet he knows what happened to Keria. I walked right up to him, slamming him into the locker and said, “Where’s Keria?

“How would I know?”

“You were pretty ticked when she dumped you. So where is she?” At my words a nasty smile spread over his face and he said, “Maybe she finally got what she deserved. And if I knew where she was I still wouldn’t tell you vomit-face.” At this I released him as a cold realization spread over me. He must have kidnapped her if anything I have to get out of here and look for her. I went to the bathroom put my face under scolding water for 5 minutes then went straight to the nurse. After she took my temperature and checked my breathing she said I had a fever and need rest and should go home. At my pretend illness I left the school and went home to my room.

Keria

Trey, my capturer stood over me smirking then slammed the hammer down an inch from my face making my ears screech in pain as the echoing noise filled them laughing he locked me to the floor leaving me there wondering how I could have gotten here. My leg was swollen, bruised and most likely broken I just lost the will to live my hunger pains are more server from stiffness. I wish for death but it never comes. Every day is the same. I don’t know the last time I had eaten. Life couldn’t get any worse. But as he comes back down the stairs I know it can.
Trey
Drake really ticked me off. He can’t find her no matter how hard he looks. I think hurting her ear’s was pretty sweet but I have to keep her alive so I got to take her some food, so I ordered 3 pizzas and took her one with a 2litter of sprite.
Keria

When he comes down them horrid stairs, the smell of pizza engulfs me. My mouth begins to water but I hold it together until he places it and a 2litter of sprite me to me and after locking all the exits he comes and unlocks my shackles. As they fall to the ground I fall onto the pizza and sprite practically swallowing it whole. Then after he locked the house down and gives me clean close and a towel allowing me to shower then locks me back in my cage, where I fall fast asleep for the first time in weeks.

Drake

After hours I had a plan to save my damsel in distress. I had everything I needed a crowbar, chain cutters, and a pocket knife. Leaving my house with power of love in my veins I swerved over the paved roads not seeing the trees fly by me as I drove to his house. I parked my truck a block away and stalked to his house like an animal stalking his prey. When I reached his house I charge to the door, my hand on the nob I was frozen into place when an ear splitting scream fills my ears, it was her. Blasting threw the door and rampaged through his home. When the cry came again coming from a door I passed, and thrusted it open and I clambered down the concrete stairs and what I saw sent ice threw my veins chasing the fire away. There lying chained on the floor was Keria, her face swollen in from the lack of nutrition, her body a heap of wounds. Then there was Trey standing a foot away with 3 giant Doberman snapping their jaws wildly at the new toy. Trey lets them go with on command “kill them”. The dogs immediately charge as a pack to the weakest link. Keria. Blasting forward I swung my crowbar smacking one in the head he fell not moving. The other 2 meet Keria and began to bite her ferociously; taking my crowbar I swung blasting them in the ribs the jumped in front of Keria using my body to protect her as I hacked at the dogs. Soon death met then and it was only me and Trey to fight now.
Trey

He killed my dogs, took my girl prisoner. He will pay.
Drake

Trey charged at me with a 10pound chains swinging. Blocking one with my crow bar thrusting it from his hands, but one grazed my right eye cutting my skin forward meeting his chest I slammed him into the wall hearing the air leaving his chest I didn’t stop. Jerking the chain from his grasp and locking it around his neck pulling tighter with every tug. But then she spoke hoarsely, “Let him go Drake don’t drop to his level.” But I wasn’t letting him go that easy. Locking him in the animal cage with Keria’s name on it I unlocked her chains and carried he to my truck laying her on blankets then went back to get him. After putting him in the back of my truck I drove to the police station and then took her to the hospital.

Keria
7 months after my attack with Trey I was living with my aunt, my parents were found starved and drugged to death. Trey got the death penalty and was 6 feet under. I got to go to school with Drake every day and things are almost normal except the nightmares. You don’t know pain till you have experienced them all at once. Real pain hurts.
THE END