Fresh Blood

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

Look alive sunshine

Oh my god. Oh my god! I was silently freaking out as I stared at the blood bite on my shoulder but on the outside I was remaining calm. Remmie was looking at me with such pity and it was making me angry. I sighed and pulled the pack off my back and set it on the ground. I placed my knives, jacket, ammo, and envelope inside of the aqua blue bag. She looked curiously at the envelope but I just shook my head, “Wait till your safe then read it. I wrote it last night.” Finally I handed her all my guns except one, a small pistol in which I emptied of ammo leaving only one bullet in it.
“Sam don’t do it.” Remmie said, realizing my intentions.
“I have to Rem.” I replied, choking on the depression fighting its way out. No I had to remain strong. Remmie was fighting back tears, I could tell. Suddenly I found myself hugging her as we both cried our hearts out. I had to pull away though; I could feel the sickening pain as the infection spread. I was sweating and trembling horribly and I know Remmie could tell that holding onto her was becoming increasingly difficult for she pulled away. I sighed and handed her the pack, she took it and stared at me wordlessly.
She began walking away when I stopped her. “Remmie,” I said placing my trembling hand on her shoulder, “Be safe please.” She nodded and walked away. I watched her until she disappeared into the darkness.
I was alone and near death. I stumbled over to the nearest corner and sat down. I placed the only bullet into the clip, spin it, then finally close the barrel. My eyesight was beginning to blur and the pain was spreading, I had only minutes before it spreads into my brain and finally turning me into one of those flesh eating bastards. It took all my strength to put the gun to my head. My heart was racing, my palms sweating; my finger rested on top the trigger. Visions of Sarah, Nathan, Erika, and most importantly Jacob, flashed through my mind, I was shaking and groaning in pain. Finally, without any further noticed I pulled the trigger and stopped myself from turning into the most despicable creature I could become:
A monster
BANG!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:57 am:
Ahhh! Chapter Eight is even BETTER!!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:54 am:
This... Was.... Amazing. Absolutely beautiful. I mean, right now I'm only on Chapter 7, but it's so good, I had to comment right now! Great work!! What a horror story!!