Fresh Blood

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 Next »

Here we go again.

We stared at Erika as she sat twitching and moaning in what sounded like sheer pain. The only one of us that moved was Jacob for he started walking towards her slowly.
“Erika are you alright?” He asks. She didn’t respond, in fact all she did was throw her hands up above her head and growl louder. That’s when I noticed the blood seeping from an open wound on her forearm. The wound looked almost like teeth marks. Teeth marks? That’s when it hit me, When Erika was helping Sarah and the door swung open to the zombies waiting outside. Erika jumped back and yelped. I thought she was scared but no she was infected and by the looks of it she was about to make Jacob her first meal.
“Come on Erika it’s alright. I’m here and you’re going to be alright.” Jacob soothed. The chubby cheeked beast just stared at him vacantly. I’m sure whatever was left of the cry baby was fighting to contain herself.
“Jacob do-“my warning was cut short because Jacob had gotten to close and Erika was too hungry. The undead wench jumped up and lunged herself at Jacob, Her teeth bore into the soft flesh right where his jugular was and the blood running from the bite soon resembled a red waterfall. Remmie and I quickly got out of the way and prepared our guns.
I didn’t mind having to shoot Erika but killing Jacob was going to be hard. But Erika never let go, she kept chewing away at the raw meat until both her and Jacob, who was nearly dead, went crashing through our door. I was the first to get my gun loaded so I aimed straight and shot the zombie, formerly known as Erika, right in the back of her head. Shaking I walked forward, Jacobs body was pale and lifeless but not for long. Soon the infection would set in and he would become and undead also. From the performance Erika gave us the transformation looked awfully painful and personally I wanted to spare Jacob from the indignity.
I lifted my gun and shot him right between the eyes. Quick and painless; At least, it was for him. I turned from the bloody corpse of my former ally and faced Rem, she was pale and shaking also but I knew she was still human. The door was totaled and that made the room unusable.
“Come on Rem let’s get out of this damn building” I whispered. She nodded and we began gathering up our supplies when we heard the staggering footsteps and growling moans coming from outside.
“Oh my god Sam the blood is attracting them!” Remmie exclaimed. We doubled our packing speed and booked it out of the door. The size of the horde was more than we ever expected. At least 30 zombies greeted us with the sight of decayed flesh, rotten teeth, and blood thirsty eyes. We fought them off as best as we could but had to run after taking out only about ten. Heart pounding, chest heaving we ran with all our might. We couldn’t stop for anything. As we ran I started to feel light headed, I had to stop.
“Come on Sam we are almost out!” Remmie urged pulling my arm angrily.
“I-I can’t.” I wheezed out. Remmie turned around to rummage through the bags to find me some water. Suddenly I felt a sharp pang in my shoulder and turned to find a small undead child. Without hesitation I pulled out my gun and shot it in the head. That’s when I noticed it, the small bite, the blood running down my arm, the sickness in my gut.
I had been bitten.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:57 am
Ahhh! Chapter Eight is even BETTER!!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:54 am
This... Was.... Amazing. Absolutely beautiful. I mean, right now I'm only on Chapter 7, but it's so good, I had to comment right now! Great work!! What a horror story!!