Fresh Blood

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Three's a Party

Legs shakings, chests heaving, we reached the third floor of the building. We were alone as far as I could see but there was another floor to venture to.
“Ok Remmie, I say we check out the fourth floor and if it’s safe we can make a shelter in one of the rooms and go to bed.” I whispered over to her. She nodded and we started up the stairs. When we reached the top we were greeted with a grotesque site. A short fat zombie lying dead on the ground, blood caked to his rotted, balding head, obviously shot in through the skull. He was missing one of his chubby arms and the other one seemed to have had a couple bites taken out of it. His bluish green color repulsed me but not as much as the smell of death that lingered around him.
I stepped forward and stepped on an eyeball that was lying detached on the floor. I gagged and whispered to Remmie to watch her step. We walked around it, cringing at the smell, and walked down one of the hallways. I randomly peak into a room and am greeted by a bullet being shot towards me and nearly missing the side of my head.
“What are you doing dumbass?” I exclaimed, startled at how close his finger was to the trigger.
“I thought you guys were zombies!” he replied
“Well we aren’t, obviously”. Remmie added staring him down.
He put down his gun and rubbed the back of his head. He appeared to be average height, maybe 5’7 or 5’8. He walked forward and looked awkwardly at us while I looked him over carefully. His dirty blond hair laid flat on his head and was matted with what appeared to be blood and sweat. He was white with a soft tint of tan to him, which went wonderfully with his green eyes. His blue Aeropostal tee shirt and dark jeans were torn and also blood splattered. I leaned forward and noticed a mustache and a tuff of a beard growing on the tip of his chin. Back in normal times I would have pictured him to be a ladies’ man “Oh! I’m Jacob Fickly by the way!” he exclaimed loudly thrusting his hand forward.
“Oh I’m Sammie Watson and this is Remmie Kidding” I replied, shaking his hand wearily. Rem gave him a smile and shook his hand also
“Who’s your friend?” I asked nodding to the rotten zombie lying stiff on floor.
“Just a hungry fella I guess.” He retorted
“Delightful.”
A growling, thumping noise from below pulls us from the awkward small talk. The monstrous noise sends chills running throughout my body.
“I think his friends are hungry to.” Remmie whispered looking worried.
“We need to hide and fast.” Jacob exclaimed, all color fading from his face.
That’s when I spotted it. An empty room…with a door! Without another moments thought I began pushing the other two into the possible safe heaven.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:57 am
Ahhh! Chapter Eight is even BETTER!!

Freckles3 said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:54 am
This... Was.... Amazing. Absolutely beautiful. I mean, right now I'm only on Chapter 7, but it's so good, I had to comment right now! Great work!! What a horror story!!