Secrets in the Woods

Author's note: I have always been a storyteller. I decided to write my favorite one to tell. It is all made-up....  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I have always been a storyteller. I decided to write my favorite one to tell. It is all made-up. I did look up the train accident in California though to make it seem like it really could happen (there really was a train accident on that day). I hope you all will enjoy. Please comment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Everything to Nothing

Perfect family, popular friends, lives in a two-story home, head of the class, varsity in every sport that I tried out for, including cheerleading. Gorgeous boyfriend, pink convertible, and to sum it all up, everything you could ever want. Sounds like a fantasy life doesn’t it? Well, I had all of that four months ago. Now I live in Texas with my Uncle Jason, my dads brother who, before a month ago, I had never met. He is the last living relative I have besides my Grandmother who is in a nursing home. When Jay picked me up from the DFW Airport the first thing he said, when he saw me was, “Wow, how old are you now?... Here let me help you with your things.” I just said “seventeen,” with a little annoyance in my voice. I was wanting to say “Why have you never come to see us? Why did you not come to your own brother’s funeral?” Instead I let him help me and we were soon off to his home. The whole trip was silent. I put on my head phones and went to sleep. I didn’t mind him not asking me questions, I wasn’t ready for any of that yet. Uncle Jason had a room already set up for me when I got there late that first night from the trip. Light blue walls, wooden floor, a single bed with a light blue comforter and a nightstand with a small blue lamp next to the bed. When I entered Jason said “You can change it if you want but, this is all I could do when they informed me.” I quietly replied with a “thanks.” I knew this was going to be a long night for me along with many following. It was two in the morning. I had slept the whole trip and wasn’t tired now. The room was really big and had two windows. There wasn’t a bathroom connected to the room...who builds a house like that?! I found it down the hallway. At least I didn’t have to share with anyone. I use to share with my younger sister. The bathroom was connected between our rooms. Uncle Jason’s house was a one-story, but massive enough for an underground swimming pool to be built indoors. He had his master bedroom and two guest rooms, well one now, and another room that he called the “Game Room”. It had a pool table, wii, x-box 360, ping-pong table, a bar in the corner and a sofa beside it. It had glass sliding doors to the back to enter the pool area. It was deep enough for a small diving board. There was also a hot tub!! Right before I was about to sit down and dangle my feet in the warm water, Jason came in.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »