Vengeance | Teen Ink

Vengeance

By Tbug1997 PLATINUM, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Tbug1997 PLATINUM, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

When in doubt... Blame it on your siblings
when life gives you skittles throw them at random people and yell FEEL THE RAINBOW

While walking down the hallway towards my locker, I pass by every clique in the school. I finally get to my locker number 13, my lucky number.

"Hey Daniel" I greet my boyfriend as he hugs me.

"Hey Vivian" he whispers into my hair when he pulls away. His sky blue eyes are gleaming, and his black hair falling lightly over his forehead. I smile at how lucky I am to be with Daniel. We've been together as long as I can remember. I met Daniel when we were 5 and we were the best of friends, until I turned fifteen. That was the day when it all changed, February 15th. Every year all the 15 year olds get assigned a spouse, mate, and lifelong companion, whatever you want to call it. Daniel and I got assigned to be matched together (?) which I had no problem with since I already really liked him. We have been together ever since. I'm pulled back into reality when Ivy came up and asked me if I did the homework for Algebra

"Vivian did you hear me?" she snaps her fingers in my face to get my attention. Even though I didn't want to break Daniel's stare, I looked at her and shook my head. My black hair fell around my shoulders and Daniel tucks my stray hair behind my ear. I grab Daniel's hand and his fingers intertwine with mine. Everything was normal. Ivy was going on about parties and make-up, Daniel and I are smiling at each other, then he showed up. Ash- Ivy's boyfriend or the guy who took my best friend from me. I take one look at Ash and I tense up; Daniel tightens his grip on my hand

"Hey baby" he says in his stupid southern accent. Ivy hugs him.

"Hi Ash, how's it going?" she ask in a sickly sweet tone

"It's going much better now that your here" he smiles. I cough to remind them I'm here too, no need to get all mushy

"Oh..... Hi Vivian" Ash says acting as if he didn't see me before Daniel's arm around me holds me back from trying to punch his face.

"Hey Ash" I say mockingly sweet but Ivy can tell by the look in my green eyes that I want to kick down a wall

"Don't worry I will go now" Ash says pulling Ivy with him

"Can you believe him?!" I almost yell but Daniel kisses me and I totally forget why I'm mad. Throughout the rest of the day I'm just waiting for that last bell to ring, as soon as it does I'm out that door in a minute flat. Daniel is by my locker waiting I almost run to hug him

"Miss me?" he says smiling

"Yes" I say inhaling his scent he smells like the forest and fresh cut grass. We walk home together and we talk about everything and nothing at the same time. When we get home I jump in the shower which is the only place I fully can relax the day melts away along with the dirt. I get out and put my pjs on and crawl into bed with Daniel to cuddle. He's stroking my hair and looking at me with his blue eyes a look I love it's a mixture of him wanting to protect me and hold me 24/7. I fall asleep in his arms by the time I wake up its early Sunday morning. I put on my glasses which I think are dorky but Daniel thinks I look cute; I only wear them for him. I walk to the living room but smell something so I look at the table in the dining room and breakfast has been laid out for me pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, homemade blueberry syrup, and a pot of freshly brewed mint tea. I look for Daniel; he is the only one who can cook in this relationship. I quickly finish my breakfast and jump in the shower. Once I'm done I braid my hair, get dressed and go for a walk in the woods taking in the scene around me. The sun is shining through the gaps between the trees branches the birds sing little animals run up and down trees some run around my feet brave little critters they are. I hear the stream running and the crashing water from the water fall. By the time I get home Daniel was talking with some of his friends. Once everyone left, I sat by Daniel on the couch

"Hey I didn't see you all day where were you?" I ask

"I was in the woods I was relaxing" he says

"Cool... by the way you know what's coming up? Right?" I ask

"Yeah last week of school" he smiles

"Which means?"

"One more week until our wedding" Daniel looks at me his sky blue eyes are shining in the sun light coming in through the window

"You got it" I say I hug him I've been waiting for this since the beginning of our relationship. This last week of school is going to be so slow but at least it will be fun. I hear a knock at the door I get up to answer it when I open the door It’s Ivy and Ash I almost groan at the sight of Ash but I invite them in by warming greeting Ivy with a hug and a smile and give Ash my best 'I'm gonna kill you look just so he could figure out who was welcome and who wasn't.

"Sorry to stop by uninvited but it was so boring at my place so I thought here would be more fun" she explains

"That's ok Ivy you are always welcome" I put emphasis on the word you.

Ash gives me an innocent look but I see through it I see right past his brown eyes on the inside he is evil a killer he killed my parents and by the look of it Ivy is next. I won't let it happen Ivy is too important to me and im not letting him have the pleasure of seeing me hurt again.

"So... How is everything?" Daniel breaks the tension in the room

"Everything is great but I'm a bit nervous" She admits

"Why?" I ask

"Remember how I never got matched?" she says

"Yeah" I say

"Well I got a letter yesterday......." she trails off

"Ok" I say kinda waiting for something

"It said that next year..... I'm gonna be matched" she says I can tell she is excited but Ash isn't very happy

"Oh my gosh that's awesome Ivy if you want I can skip my walk and come and watch you get matched so you have someone to talk to while you’re waiting" I say smiling almost a little too happy about the chance Ash won't be her match. He was staring at me like he could tell why I was happy.

"What are you looking at?" I say almost rudely I glare at him my green eyes burning through him

"Nothing" he smiles Daniel puts an arm around me protectively and glares at Ash I can feel the tension building again

"Anyways Vivian can we talk outside?" Ivy asks I nod and I follow her out the door. We stop at the edge of the woods

"Ok what's with you and I know you and Ash have history so tell me why do you hate him so much?" She stares at me I almost want to tell her but something pulls me back from telling her what I've always wanted to say. I look at the woods then back at Ivy whose red hair is shining in the mid-afternoon sun but her blue eyes were impatient and angry.

"I really want to tell you but..... I can’t Ivy I would never keep a secret like this from you but since you really like Ash I just can't you wouldn't believe me" I say with so much emotion in my voice it scares me her eyes soften and almost look sad. We start to walk into the woods I look around me everything is so peaceful. We walk a little more I'm listening to the birds sing and the babbling brook I start to relax when I hear an all too familiar voice.

"Vivian. Ivy. you should know not to go in the woods this far" Daniel says looking quite mad I remembered there was a very protective mama bear's den close to where we were standing.

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot I last track of where I was" I stammer a bit Ivy looks over at me confused. I look at her and for a minute I wished I had the old Ivy back ever since she went out with Ash she has changed so much.

"Well we better are going back before Ash follows me" Daniel chuckles

"Yeah we wouldn't want that you know how he is" I smile Ivy just looks confused we turn around when I hear a gunshot we all hit the ground Daniel pulls me over to him we all know there is no hunting on our grounds. I try to find where the shot came from we all get up and run for the house. My heart is pounding by the time we get back to the house Ash comes running outside.

"Ivy is you ok? You were gone for a while and then I heard the gun shot" Ash looks like he doesn't really care but Ivy buy it and hug him. I roll my eyes at his fakeness if only Ivy knew who he really was. I can see right through him so can Daniel Ivy look at me and I can tell she's worried but about what? After Daniel and Ash go inside I start talking to Ivy.

"Are you ok? You seem...... tense" I ask

"Yeah I'm fine but the matching thing is just on my mind what if I don't get matched with Ash what will I do?" she looks truly worried

"Trust me whoever your matched with it's for the best" I look at her hoping she would feel a tiny bit better.

"Yeah I know it's just you know I really like him and I think he really likes me could he be the one?" she puts her face between her hands I wish she hadn't fell for Ash. He is nothing but trouble and I hate his guts. I'm so mad at myself I'm so mad at Ash because if it weren't for him Ivy wouldn't be a nervous wreck about her matching she would still be happy instead of depressed all the time. She would still be Ivy despite her smiles and her laughs I know it's all an act it's all fake.

"Ivy I know you really like Ash but he doesn't deserve you" I pat her back I see a tear roll down her cheek I hug her.

"It’s k Ivy everything will work out in the end" I try it help her but she is already crying. I feel bad for not knowing how to help. Ash comes outside I almost snap I hate Ash and I hate him even more for doing this to my friend he is no good for her she deserves someone better than Ash some who really loves her and isn't just using her to get close to me so he can hurt me more I really wish I could get up and finish him off I'm sick and tired of how smug he is

"Ash go away! You aren't gonna be able to help her just go home I will take her home when she's ready to go or she can stay here and sleep in the guest room and I will make mint chocolate chip cookies" I say scowling at him still smoothing her wild red hair. I hear her laugh a little at the last memory of our sleepover. Ash looks insulted and I love it he frowns at me and I smile mockingly sweet

"Ivy do you need me here?" he ask she shakes her head no.

"I want to stay here and sleepover is that ok?" she says looking at me and smiles

"Sure" I say

"Sure" Ash looks mad that she picked me over him I smile more and hug Ivy. We walk into the house and Ash follows but soon leaves because Ivy isn't paying any attention to him she is too busy helping me bake and carefully rolling the dough and putting the dough on the pan I see her smile and she is singing to herself. I smile because Ivy is back to normal for now I wish I could keep Ivy here so I never see her fade away again. I don't like the Ivy that wears all black, to tight jeans, too much eyeliner, and overdone make-up I like the Ivy that wears colors, wears form fitting jeans, and make her make-up look natural instead of gothic.

"So Ivy why did you want to stay over" I ask she hasn't stayed ever since Ash came into her life and ruined it.

"Well I felt like I wasn't spending enough time with you and yesterday I looked at myself in the mirror and I didn't know what I was becoming I lost track of myself and I hated it" she explained I liked she had figured this out on her own who she was becoming.

"Why do you think you became that way Ivy" I ask

"I think it was Ash I felt like I wasn’t good enough so I tired another look and Ash liked it so I kinda just went with it" she frowns I'm so proud of her for realizing this on her own I smile and hug her.

"Ivy if anything Ash isn't good enough for you if anything Ash should change for you I say biting into a warm cookie the chocolate and mint melting in my mouth and the cookie is soft and chewy Ivy laughs

"I smell cookies" Daniel walks in and kisses my cheek he takes a cookie and smiles at me I smile back Ivy get up and gets milk.

"Daniel you should know better than to eat warm cookies without milk" Ivy teases

"I'm so sorry you are right" he chuckles

"Tsk Tsk Daniel" I say we all laugh I enjoy the moment for a while then there's a knock at the door I get up and answer it was Ash.

"Thanks Ask see ya tomorrow remember Vivi is driving me home so I won't know when I'm gonna be home you know how she is" Ivy says I smile and stick my tongue out at her she hugs Ash he leaves soon after. Ivy excuses herself to get a shower and in her absence I start talking to talk to Daniel

"I'm happy Ivy is here I'm glad she is becoming herself again" I say picking up another a cookie

"Yeah let's hope she stays that way Ash is bad for her plus he is creepy" Daniel knows something

"What did he do" I ask

"He was looking at our knives really intently and being really weird" Daniel was weirded out but I knew what this meant

"He's ready for the next kill my guess it's Ivy Daniel lock all the doors and windows I'm gonna bunk with Ivy tonight" I say I start getting worried

"Vivian Don't get paranoid it will be ok I promise you Ivy will be fine" he says running his fingers through my hair. I calm down a bit he hugs me I relax in the safety of his arms. Ivy comes out back to the living room she is all happy and clean her flannel pajamas are looser than usual. I yawn and lean in Daniel. I'm not even worried about Ash I smile a bit it's been awhile since I've been this relaxed.

Chapter Two

Blood Will Spill

I wake up; it's 7:30 on Sunday morning. Everyone is sleeping and no one will be awake until at least 10:49AM. I get a shower and eat some toast, then walk back to Ivy's room. I walk back quiet enough not to wake her if she is still sleeping.
I walk into her room I peek my head around the door and there is Ivy lying in bed her flannel white pajamas stained with blood all I can do is sink to my knees staring at my best friend laying there in a pool of blood her own blood. A cut is going down her chest many more gashes on her arms and legs a silt throat and another gash on her forehead. I scream and Daniel comes running from our bedroom and sees what I keep crying at he holds me close to him while I’m sobbing kneeling by Ivy's bed whispering

"Wake up Ivy please come on Ivy just wake up don't die on me" I keep saying over and over between sobs, Daniel gets the phone and calls the police when they get here Daniel has dragged me out of the bedroom and made me sit on the couch. I sneak around back to Ivy's room to see what is taking so long and I see two police officers pick up Ivy's lifeless body and zip her up in a body bag. I start to cry again, realizing who had done this or at least I had a pretty good clue of who did.

"Ash is gonna pay for this I know this was his fault this has him written all over it!" I whisper Daniel is talking to the police explaining what happened once he is done he walks over to me and holds my hand tears roll down my cheeks as I look at the bed forever stained with my best friend's blood. Anger builds up in me this is all his fault and he will pay. I go to the car and drive to Ash's house with all of hell behind me. I get there and knock on the door.

"Hey Vivian where's Ivy?" Ash asks.

"You know damn well where Ivy is you murderer!!" I scream in his face.

"What the heck are you talking about?!" Ash looks confused but I see past it; he is fighting a smile.

"Ivy is dead and you're to blame! If I end up dying in the process I will kill you... Ash I swear you will die by my hand," I whisper but he gets the threat I can tell- his face turns dull, expressionless, I can tell what's going to happen. Ash lashes out and his hand almost gets me, but I step back and he falls on his face. I turn to get the swords he keeps on the wall of his bedroom and run for the bedroom. I open the door so quickly, not caring if it hits the wall, and makes a loud bang. I see the swords and grab them Ash is trying to fight me I just dodge the punches and laugh at his weak attempt I’m about ready to fight back when I hear an all to familiar voice calling to me.

"Vivian don't fight him, he's is to strong" it warns I can't find a body to connect the voice to, but I don't need to see a person to recognize my best friends voice.

"Ivy...." I say surprised and almost excited. I take a step toward where I heard her but Ash pins me down I kick him off then hold the sword to his chest above his heart I make a long gash down his torso; not deep enough to kill but enough to hurt and slow him down. I want him to suffer a bit before I kill him. I look around for my friend or her ghost

"I'm over here Vivi" she says I smile at my once hated nickname I look around and I can somewhat see Ivy but she's not the same

"Ivy, you're a.... um.... a...." I don't wanna say it.

"A ghost, yes, I'm sadly very much dead but it's not as bad as you think. It's actually kinda fun," she says and...... Floats over to me

"Why did you stop me Ivy, I could have taken him?" I frown.

"Because Ash didn't kill me," She says I stare at her my mouth hanging, my eyes widened

"Who killed you then?" I ask

"It was......" then she vanished I curse under my breath and run out the door leaving Ash not caring if he dies or not oh well he deserves it anyways.

"Come back you coward!!" Ash yells trying to get to his feet

"Come and get me!" I yell back stretching my arms out waiting for the hit ready to fight but I know he can't do anything I see the blood seeping through his clothes staining his shirt just how Ivy's blood forever stains her pajamas a tear rolls down my cheek. Once again I hear Ivy's voice.

"Keep running Vivi he's mad and just as ready to fight as you are. Go to the woods into the tree house we built not even Daniel knows where it is." she tells me and I make a beeline for the woods. I find our tree house easily I climb up the tree and push the door open. I smile at the sight of our tree house I sit in one of the many beanbags and pull out my laptop I keep hidden just in case I play games on it until I hear a voice that is so unfamiliar.

"Vivian where are you?" it calls so eerie it's a girls voice but I don't know who's

"Come out come out wherever you are" it calls eerily I wonder whose voice it is.

"Don't go down Vivian" Ivy warns

"Why not?" I ask

"Because that's Cassie remember Ash's older sister and not only is she crazy she hates your guts" Ivy explains she seems very calm of course she is dead so she doesn't have to worry about much or anything.

"Oh shoot Cassie is she armed?" I ask

"Yes she has a knife and a sword" Ivy explains once again very calm

"Once again shoot I guess I’m gonna be up here for a while" I say putting my laptop away

"Let's cross our fingers she doesn't find you" Ivy chews on her lip I hear another voice a more familiar one........ Daniel I can't let him down there with Cassie but I also can't let Cassie know where I am.

"Vivian where are you?!" Daniel shouts I face palm how he can not notice the psychopathic girl.

"Daniel I'm up here" I say and he looks up at me and smiles he climbs up the tree and opens the door.

"Vivian what are you doing when did this get here" he ask looking around

"Shhhhhhhhhh Daniel I will explain everything later right now I'm being followed by Ash and Cassie now is not the time to explain anything but I will tell you that this tree house has been up here for about 5 years" I say

"Well 9 years but close enough" Ivy giggles and I smile at her and Daniel just stares at me and I realize he can't see Ivy.

"You can't see her can you?" I ask

"See who?" he looks at me blankly

"Ivy she is right in front of you" I say

"Vivi darling Ivy is dead I know it hurts but she isn't coming back" he says very carefully

"But she is right....." trail off as I look over but she is gone I sigh and accept it she will be back she is my best friend she will always come back. Daniel just keeps staring at me.

"Never mind I must of been seeing things" I dismiss the thought he looks around for a while an awkward silence due to the fact I may be killed by Ash's crazy sister who is hovering below us Cassie is still clueless to where I am. I look at Daniel then up at the ceiling; I sigh and pull out my secret stash of weapons. Daniel looks at me surprised.

"Like you didn't know I could shoot a gun or use a sword" I roll my eyes and grab a gun and put a rapier in the hold I had made the word Vengeance on the leather in silver lettering. He raises an eyebrow I smile

"Where did you get that?" He ask

"My father gave it to me when I was twelve it's been up here for a while I’ve used it once" I look at it and smile thinking of my family who are now not here with me.

"Wait that's the sword you......"

Daniel is looking at me remembering the time I did use it he was the reason I had to use it. I look at the shining blade with a redish tint due to blood I never got to clean off now it stains the blade.

"Remember who I used it on" I say holding it seeing my reflection

"Yeah Ash didn't know it was coming" I smile at the memory. Out of the corner of my eye I see I see Ivy I look at her and shake my head.

"Vivianna no need to use that sword" She says I sigh at the use of my actual name only time I hear it is when she was serious.

"Fine" I whisper Daniel looks at me I shake my head he goes back to looking at my weapons

"I told you Ash didn't kill me no need to kill him" She says

"He killed my parents there is a need to kill him" I finally say Daniel didn't hear me

"Cassie helped kill me though" She says finally I look at her wide eyed

"What?!" I say a little louder than I should of

"What's wrong Vivi" Daniel looks at me worried he walks over and strokes my hair I strain to look at Ivy she shakes her head and vanishes I groan. Daniel holds me close I break away from him.

"Come on what is up Vivian I mean I know Ivy's death has been hard but if it's that hard on you if it's really taking this much of a toll on you I think you need to get help or at least tell me about how you are feelings it's been a week and you have been very distant" He says with a worried look his blue eyes look worn from staying up with me at night holding me when I have nightmares his smiles forced nothing is the same since Ivy died.

"I'm fine I swear" I smile to prove it

"I know your fake smile from your real smile V" He folds his arms over his chest I do the same his expression softens a bit he kisses my forehead and puts his hand on my lower back. I smile at him letting my hands lightly rest on his shoulders I stroke his collar bone with my thumb I stare into his eyes and smile softly.

"See that's your real smile" He says I lean in and kiss him he kisses me back very softly almost carefully. Once again I'm totally relaxed but ready in case of any slight movement of Cassie and Ash below until Daniel pulls away and kisses my neck he lightly trails his lips slowly up my neck along my jawline then kissing my lips again then I lose of the world around me life becomes a blur now I’m just living in the moment not waiting for life or thinking about what's next.

"What's that for?" I say pretty sure I’m blushing

"Because I love you" He smiles and I smile back then frown because I hear someone I look around I look out all three windows and see Ash with a blood stain on his shirt from where I cut him. Cassie is behind him my body tenses I go into protection mode I stare at Daniel and he stares back and sighs I know what he is thinking. I feel something dark come over me I know what's happening the Transformation.

I got up I don't know how long I was out but I sat up in my bed looking around my back aches and my head pounding. I can't recall much from yesterday just a blur I remember Daniel freaking out as I fainted and that’s about it. I look around my room vision slightly blurred I call out.

"Daniel" I call

"Yes?" Daniel comes in the room

"Just checking if you were here" I say smiling slightly

"Well I would never leave you after your first Transformation" He says sitting next to me

"Well I'm a big girl I can be alone even after my first Transformation" I say crossing my hands over my chest

"Sure ok if you’re so strong stand up" He says and I swing my leg over the bed side and get up

“Ha see I told....." I fall

"Yeah V you really told me" He says chuckling helping me back up into bed.

"You know what you didn't even wake up for three days let alone stand after your Transformation I woke up in a day and stood for a couple seconds so I must be stronger" I say proudly and he just smiles wickedly

"Well maybe tomorrow if you can stand we shall see who is stronger" He says

"Ok tomorrow it is but I shall be walking around by this afternoon no matter if it kills me" I say I try to stand up again but sadly fail and fall again Daniel catches me and puts me back in bed.

"Just stay and rest for a while gosh why must you try and wear yourself out" He says

"I want to get changed how can I get changed when I can't stand up" I growl

"V just rest you don't need to change your going to be in here all day no one is going to come over so don't worry" He says smiling

"Leave for a moment so I can try to get changed" I say I’m too stubborn not to try he rolls his blue eyes that seem darker today and leaves I get up slowly almost falling but regain my balance and take one step near my dresser that one step caused a lot of pain to shoot up my leg I fall again but get back up.

"Dang my stubbornness" I whisper and take step after step to my dresser very sore from the very small walk from bed to dresser I grab my hoodie and sweatpants and slip them on (falling when I put the sweatpants on) I finally get back to the bed and lay down put some music on. Daniel comes back in looking surprised at my change in clothes.

"Vivian you changed?" he says surprised

"Yes" I look proud

"How many times did you fall?" He ask

"Uh none" I say looking away

"Lies you and your stubbornness" he laughs I frown and stick my tongue out at him and he kisses me. I pull away when I hear a knock at the door.

"I think you better get that" I whisper putting my forehead on his

"Awe can't they wait a little longer" He pouts

"No go get it" I say smiling he gets up groaning and walks out I follow him to the door

"No Vivian back to bed with you" He says over his shoulder I sigh and walk back to the room. I hear the door open wondering who it is I get up and peak my head out the door.

"Hello Vivi" I hear a voice say I jump and turn around its Ivy

"Ivy oh my gosh you scared the heck out of me don't do that" I whisper so Daniel won't hear me

"Sorry Vivian but I just wanted to tell you sorry for me vanishing so suddenly throughout the past couple of days" She looks at me

"Oh that's fine" I say waving her off

"What are you doing?" she ask

"Uh Daniel wants me to stay back and rest since I had my first transformation but I wanted to see who was out the door" I explain still straining to see who was at the door.

"Ok hold on" She walks out the door and behind Daniel and peaks over his shoulder and comes back to me.

"It's Ash and some friends" She says worry comes in her eyes

"Oh shoot I can't fight right now it's taking all I have to stand up I couldn't pick up a sword" I say and then I hear Daniel raise his voice. I was shocked Daniel was usually a pretty calm person even around the worse of people I tip toed out of the room and tried to hear the conversation that was going on. I only hear a little bit but it's enough to make me run back to the room. When I heard Ash scream I ran back and saw Ash and Daniel fighting. I look at Ivy who is by my side she shakes her head and vanishes I sigh and watch for a minute before breaking it up. Daniel and Ash are still fighting

"Leave Vivi alone she loves me not you." Ash says

"Ash you’re a murderer she will never love you! You killed her parents for god sakes just give up" Daniel growls and my jaw drops at this argument I think they forgot I was here I ran out started to cry my eyes out but they didn’t see me.

"Hey where did Vivi go?"

"I don't know I’m going to go find her" Daniel says looking around for me I lock the bedroom door wiping away the tears.

"Vivian what's wrong" He calls through the door

"Go away I want to be alone" I call back curled up in bed listening to my music

"Vivianna you open this door at this instance" Ash says I roll my eyes

"Make me Ash come in and make me" I sass him I hear him groan

"See what you did Ash" Daniel says

"Me I didn't do anything you were the one to bring up the murder" Ash says

"Brought it up! You’re the one who did it!" Daniel yells Ash is silent I hear Daniel trying to control his breathing. I go to the door and pull Daniel in the room. He looks at me and frowns holding me close he strokes my hair.

"I'm sorry Vivi I am but I couldn't let him try and get you I’m just protecting you" He whispers I hear Ash lean against the door and slide to the floor.

"I know Daniel but " I sigh and try and think of what I need to say

"Vivian can you please let me in" Ash calls I start to think about what has come over him just a couple days ago he was trying to kill me now I find out he likes me. It doesn't make sense I may overthink this but better safe than under thinking and getting it all wrong.

"No Ash I don't want you in here its Daniel and I's room not Daniel Ash and Vivian's room" I say harshly trying to push him over the edge and maybe getting him to snap back into the normal Ash

"Fine I will just wait for you to come out" He says

"Ok but you may hear some things tonight that may not be fun for you" I say hoping he would leave Daniel just looks at me and I wink

"I don't care I have headphones" Ash says

"Ok you asked for it" I say and start jumping on the bed and the springs make a high pitched noise that he hates I laugh and stop waiting for him to get up.

"Wow, you must've gotten undressed pretty fast." Ash calls through the door chuckling.

"That's how Daniel and I roll" I say Daniel starts jumping on the bed with me both of us laughing.

I hear Ash groan and thump on the ground outside the door.

"I will stay here until you leave no matter what, understood?"

"Ok I understand" I fall back on the bed and take Daniel with me he kisses my neck and I forget Ash is at the door. Ash held to what he said he stayed all night probably not the best for him but for Daniel and me it was the best. I'm sure Ash put his music up on full blast last night. When I woke up that next morning Ash was sleeping on the door I would feel bad if he wasn't a murderer. I needed a shower but sadly Ash was blocking the path that is the shortest to the bathroom so I climb out the window and climb in the bathroom window and hop in the shower. When I’m done I pull my clothes on and climb back out the window and go back into my room. Daniel woke up.

"Morning babe" He smiles and kisses me

"Good morning" I say back

"Your hair is wet how did you do that?" He ask

"I got a shower" I say

"But Ash is blocking the door" He says

"I climbed out the window" I say

"Man nothing will come between you and your shower" He chuckles and kisses my cheek

"Well I didn't get one yesterday so I needed one today" I say

"Oh by the way let's see your wings it shouldn't hurt as much today" He says and I think about my wings and the spread out from my back taking up half the room a black blueish color with flecks of purple it feels good to have them out.

"Pretty cool huh?" I say pretty happy

"Beautiful Vivian" He stares for a moment. I hear Ash get up and knock on the door

"Vivian can I come in now" He pleads

"No this is Daniel and I's room not Daniel Ash and Vivian's room" I say harshly and glare at the door.

"Don't glare at me" Ash says

"I'm not glaring at you I’m glaring at the door” I snap

“Well I’m on the other side of the door so you are glaring at me” He says

“Maybe if you would leave then you wouldn’t be glared at” I say trying to drive him away

"Vivian I said I’m staying until you come out and I’m a man of my word" Ash says

"I did leave" I say smiling

"No you didn't I was here the whole time" He says

"I went through the window" I say smiling more

"What the...... how did you get out the window?" he sounds confused

"I think it’s kind of self-explanatory I climbed out this window and climbed into the bathroom window then vice versa" I say I hear him growl and hit the door. I open the door and peak through the small crack and I’m watching him almost laughing he is just sitting there sulking I close the door again.

"Wait so if I come out you will leave right?" I say

"Yes" He answers I open the door walk out and stare at him

"Ok I’m out now go away" I smile

"We need to talk" He says

"No we don't you said I come out you leave look I’m out now you leave" I say harshly

"I'm Sorry Vivian for everything" He says and rage flares in me I glare at him.

"Sorry! You think a sorry will fix what you did?!" I yell he looks down at the floor my face is red with anger I’m screaming at him holding back tears I’m not sure if they are tears of anger or tears of sadness and in all seriousness I don't care I’m too busy yelling at him to notice when the tears come down my cheeks.

"Vivian Please forgive me" He pleads I stare at him my green eyes livid

"Forgive you?! Forgive you?!" I repeat

"Vivian please" He pleads

"Ash you are a heartless killer" I say my face blank of emotion

"Vivian I’m not" He says

"You killed my parents" I fight to keep my voice steady

"Where is your proof?" He ask

"I watched it from behind the couch I saw you slaughter my parents" I say fighting to stay calm now Daniel is whispering through the door to me telling me to let him out but I’m not going to until I finish this. Ash looks at me we both know what happened and he knows just as well as me that he killed them. I stare at him for a moment and realize how vulnerable he looks at the moment. I shake it off and go back to being mad at him.

"Vivian I didn't want to kill your parents I was forced to," he says

"What are you talking about?!" I yell does he really think I’m that stupid

"I was forced to Vivian I always loved you I would never hurt you" Ash says and I just want to smack him which I do.

"Vivian Let me come out" Daniel yells from the other side of the door and I move out of the way he comes bursting out of the door seeming very angry. He grabs Ash by the collar of his shirt and presses him up against the wall

"Don't you ever talk to her" He screams at Ash but Ash seems unaffected by this I'm standing there wondering if Ash deserves this yes he is a totally killer but I got dibs on killing him not Daniel and Daniel is a pretty calm guy I don't understand why he is flipping out.

"Daniel stop!" I pull him away from Ash.

"Vivian go into the bedroom" He orders I still stand there

"No" I say

"Vivian" He says angrily

"No Daniel I had this under control" I say putting my foot down I'm not going to be the weak little girl waiting in the bedroom for someone else to fight her battles I'm strong probably stronger than Daniel. Ash looks at me impressed and I glare at him. I go into the living room and sit on the couch dragging Daniel with me.

"What has come over you?" I ask in a hushed tone

"Me what has come over you why would you defend him" He says

"I’m not defending him I need to finish up what he started" I say Daniel is looking at me and I frown

"Vivian Just let it go" He says and I can tell he regrets saying it after he sees the look I get

"Let it go! He killed my parents and you want me to let it go!" I say tears streaming down my cheeks and I turn around and run for the door Daniel grabs my wrist I twist out of his grip and run to the woods running further into the woods the parts that are dark and dangerous but I don't care I keep running until I get to the waterfall which is the end of our property. I look at the waterfall and watch the water crying letting my tear fall in the grass. I'm lying in the grass still crying hoping I could just die right here.

"Vivian!" I hear someone yell

"Who is it?" I ask I see Ivy appear from behind the waterfall and I smile at the sight of her I need a friend.

"Hey Vivi what’s wrong?" She says stroking my hair

"Nothing it's just so much stress I think I just broke under it all" I explain

"Vivi I was there I saw all of it don't lie" She says and I look down shamefully

"Ivy is this all really happening please tell me this is just a horrid nightmare and I will wake up and you will be alive and Ash will be back to the rude annoying himself and Daniel and I will be back to normal" I whisper curled up in Ivy's lap

"I wish I could tell u that Vivi but I sadly can't. This is all real" She says. I sit up and look at the water wishing I could go under and never come back up

"Ivy who killed you?" I ask in a voice I’m trying to keep steady

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you" She looks down

"After all that’s happened I think I would believe anything" I say

"Please forgive me Vivi my dearest friend but this was all....... my fault I made Ash kill me" She says and I stand up so quickly I almost fall back to my feet

"Ivy" My voice cracks and I’m shaking I try to go over to hug her but I fall right through her and she vanishes I drop to my knees and sob then hear footsteps sneaking up behind me I turn around quickly and stare at the person behind me.

"Vivian are you ok?" I hear the person say

"Go away" I say I turn back around

"Come on Vivian I’m sorry I didn't mean to seem rude I just didn't want Ash to try and you know hurt you" Daniel says

"I had it completely under control" I say

"Really? It seemed like he was listening real well" Daniel rolls his eyes

"I never said he was listening I said I had it under control that means he wasn't flipping out and being a complete jerk like normal" I explain

"V I was just trying to protect you" He says

"Well I don't need protecting I’m not a little girl anymore I can fight my own battles" I say probably a little too harshly Daniel frowns and kind of looks upset I know he was trying to help but I just want to be able to protect myself.

"I know Vivian but I just want to be able to sleep at night knowing I could protect you" He explains looking down and I almost feel a bit bad now with how I snapped at him Daniel was pretty sensitive and I should have been more careful with my words. Daniel may be 6 foot 3 inches and could rip a person to shreds if he wanted but he is sensitive I walk over to hug him and he rubs my back we stay like that for a while before we break away from each other and Ivy comes back and this time Daniel jumps I think he can see her.

"Vivian do you see her too?" He ask whispering

"Yes" I smile and Daniel looks at me wide eyed

"Hey Daniel" She says greeting him with a slight wave of her hand

"Ivy?" He looks at her still a bit amazed

"Yes it is me" She says

"How is this possible" He ask me and I just shrug I really wish I knew

"Well since we are Dark Angels are souls are immortal as you know so we can really die only our mortal forms can die or be destroyed once again you know this but your soul only becomes immortal after you have been matched but I was never matched so my soul was naturally immortal which only happened in certain cases which this has not happened for over a decade and right now I’m trying to figure out why this happened to me" She explains and Daniel is still in disbelief just staring at her

"So you were one of the Rares weren't you?" I ask

"That's what I’m guessing I won't know for a long while" She says looking down

"Hm a Rare very odd she didn't have any of the normal Rare symptoms" Daniel looks curious we both stare at her oddly until I notice her eye color change from dark blue to a purple color

"Whoa" I say staring more

"What?" Ivy ask

"Your eyes... they are...... purple" I say

"No that's impossible" She says

"Ivy it's not impossible Rares have eye changes" Daniel say Ivy runs over to the river the waterfall is crashing into and looks at her reflection

"Oh my goodness they are purple" She says in disbelief

"I guess you are a Rare then" I say still staring a lot of staring now a silence comes over us she looks down and I can tell she is upset

"That's why I never got matched isn't it? Only because Rares don't get matched they are warriors not lovers and when they found out I was a Rare they took my match away" She shudders. We never thought it was a good system but, love does cloud the mind and Rares don’t have time to think about anything else but training I pang of sadness comes over me to think of Ivy as a weapon. Poor innocent Ivy I think and she looks up at me knowing what I thought

"Who killed you?" I ask again out of the blue

"I did it" She answers and my jaw drops

"You killed yourself" I say fighting to keep my voice steady

"When I didn't I asked someone to do it for me" She keeps looking down

"Who?" I ask under my breath angrily

"Ash" She plays with the hem of her shorts

"Why" I ask I fall to my knees tears in my eyes wishing I could hug her without falling through her Daniel sits by me with an arm around my shoulders

"I didn't want to live anymore life just held no meaning that day I looked in the mirror and realized I lost myself I saw myself and the way I have been treating you both of you and I felt so bad I couldn't handle it" She explains seeming surprisingly calm

"Why didn't you just tell me this we could of fixed you" I say wanting my friend back and I realize it WAS all Ash's fault my face turns red with anger

"I'm sorry Vivi" She won't look at me then vanishes

"Daniel" I call

"Yes?" Daniel comes in the room

“Ha see I told....." I fall

"Vivian you changed?" he says surprised

"Yes" I look proud

"How many times did you fall?" He ask

"Uh none" I say looking away

"Oh that's fine" I say waving her off

"What are you doing?" she ask

"Hey where did Vivi go?"

"See what you did Ash" Daniel says

"Morning babe" He smiles and kisses me

"Good morning" I say back

"I got a shower" I say

"But Ash is blocking the door" He says

"I climbed out the window" I say

"Pretty cool huh?" I say pretty happy

"Vivian can I come in now" He pleads

"Don't glare at me" Ash says

"I did leave" I say smiling

"Ok I’m out now go away" I smile

"We need to talk" He says

"Forgive you?! Forgive you?!" I repeat

"Vivian please" He pleads

"Vivian I’m not" He says

"Where is your proof?" He ask

"No" I say

"Vivian" He says angrily

"Vivian!" I hear someone yell

"Go away" I say I turn back around

"Yes it is me" She says

"Whoa" I say staring more

"What?" Ivy ask

"No that's impossible" She says

"I did it" She answers and my jaw drops

"Who?" I ask under my breath angrily

on Mar. 7 2013 at 8:39 pm
Freckles3 BRONZE, ------------, Ohio

"The universe is not only queerer than we suppose; it is queerer than we can suppose."
~J.B.S. Haldane

Haha, it's okay. I thought I had gone back in time or something! ;) Anyway, this is really great! I love the characters! Keep it up!

Tbuggy said...
on Mar. 7 2013 at 1:38 pm
Tbuggy, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
this is a really late reply and im sorry but my orignal account got lost but yes the third and fourth got copied somehow

on Nov. 15 2012 at 6:17 pm
Freckles3 BRONZE, ------------, Ohio

~J.B.S. Haldane

Really good plot... But am I just imagining it... Or is the third chapter the same as the fourth? Am I going crazy?

on Feb. 14 2012 at 5:20 am
ILoveWritingAlot BRONZE, E, Other

Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
There never was a good war, or a bad peace.;
“People will believe anything if you whisper it.”
“Where words fail, Music speaks”

wow! nice...i'd be glad if you'd check my book too :)

on Feb. 11 2012 at 10:24 am
readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

It's good, but the lack of punctuaion honestly gets a little distracting and makes the story hard to follow. Same goes for the grammar issues, I mean, this story feels like it was written almost in text-speak! The story somehow just feels...incomplete, like too much is happening without a breath or explaination. On the plus side, love the ideas and action! Makes me want more! KEEP WRITING! :)

raeee GOLD said...
on Feb. 7 2012 at 5:48 pm
raeee GOLD, Walla Walla, Georgia

"Would she hear me if I called her name? Would she hold me if she knew my shame? Would she even love me if I was to blame?" -Favourite poem ever♥

I absolutely LOVED it. All of it. True, there are some puncuation errors and such, but fantastic nonetheless .

.king. SILVER said...
on Feb. 3 2012 at 4:47 am
.king. SILVER, Yeux Bien Tres Bien, Other

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Came back to reread, it is missing some things such as question marks in the questions, along with some tiny minor mistakes, But I got the decently written story, way to go, i like your style !

.king. SILVER said...
on Feb. 2 2012 at 12:19 pm

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cool like Hidden said, Extreme Awesomeness, I loved your beautiful, I have lots of favorite parts, I like the way things are described 'A sun Gasping' Cleverly written, Honestly 5/5 !

on Feb. 1 2012 at 5:04 pm
HiddenAngelInTheDark PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

Theres so many that I can't pick sorry

Awesomeness ^_^