Vengeance

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

The beginning

While walking down the hallway towards my locker, I pass by every clique in the school. I finally get to my locker number 13, my lucky number.

"Hey Daniel" I greet my boyfriend as he hugs me.

"Hey Vivian" he whispers into my hair when he pulls away. His sky blue eyes are gleaming, and his black hair falling lightly over his forehead. I smile at how lucky I am to be with Daniel. We've been together as long as I can remember. I met Daniel when we were 5 and we were the best of friends, until I turned fifteen. That was the day when it all changed, February 15th. Every year all the 15 year olds get assigned a spouse, mate, and lifelong companion, whatever you want to call it. Daniel and I got assigned to be matched together (?) which I had no problem with since I already really liked him. We have been together ever since. I'm pulled back into reality when Ivy came up and asked me if I did the homework for Algebra

"Vivian did you hear me?" she snaps her fingers in my face to get my attention. Even though I didn't want to break Daniel's stare, I looked at her and shook my head. My black hair fell around my shoulders and Daniel tucks my stray hair behind my ear. I grab Daniel's hand and his fingers intertwine with mine. Everything was normal. Ivy was going on about parties and make-up, Daniel and I are smiling at each other, then he showed up. Ash- Ivy's boyfriend or the guy who took my best friend from me. I take one look at Ash and I tense up; Daniel tightens his grip on my hand

"Hey baby" he says in his stupid southern accent. Ivy hugs him.

"Hi Ash, how's it going?" she ask in a sickly sweet tone

"It's going much better now that your here" he smiles. I cough to remind them I'm here too, no need to get all mushy

"Oh..... Hi Vivian" Ash says acting as if he didn't see me before Daniel's arm around me holds me back from trying to punch his face.

"Hey Ash" I say mockingly sweet but Ivy can tell by the look in my green eyes that I want to kick down a wall

"Don't worry I will go now" Ash says pulling Ivy with him

"Can you believe him?!" I almost yell but Daniel kisses me and I totally forget why I'm mad. Throughout the rest of the day I'm just waiting for that last bell to ring, as soon as it does I'm out that door in a minute flat. Daniel is by my locker waiting I almost run to hug him

"Miss me?" he says smiling

"Yes" I say inhaling his scent he smells like the forest and fresh cut grass. We walk home together and we talk about everything and nothing at the same time. When we get home I jump in the shower which is the only place I fully can relax the day melts away along with the dirt. I get out and put my pjs on and crawl into bed with Daniel to cuddle. He's stroking my hair and looking at me with his blue eyes a look I love it's a mixture of him wanting to protect me and hold me 24/7. I fall asleep in his arms by the time I wake up its early Sunday morning. I put on my glasses which I think are dorky but Daniel thinks I look cute; I only wear them for him. I walk to the living room but smell something so I look at the table in the dining room and breakfast has been laid out for me pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, homemade blueberry syrup, and a pot of freshly brewed mint tea. I look for Daniel; he is the only one who can cook in this relationship. I quickly finish my breakfast and jump in the shower. Once I'm done I braid my hair, get dressed and go for a walk in the woods taking in the scene around me. The sun is shining through the gaps between the trees branches the birds sing little animals run up and down trees some run around my feet brave little critters they are. I hear the stream running and the crashing water from the water fall. By the time I get home Daniel was talking with some of his friends. Once everyone left, I sat by Daniel on the couch

"Hey I didn't see you all day where were you?" I ask

"I was in the woods I was relaxing" he says

"Cool... by the way you know what's coming up? Right?" I ask

"Yeah last week of school" he smiles

"Which means?"

"One more week until our wedding" Daniel looks at me his sky blue eyes are shining in the sun light coming in through the window

"You got it" I say I hug him I've been waiting for this since the beginning of our relationship. This last week of school is going to be so slow but at least it will be fun. I hear a knock at the door I get up to answer it when I open the door It’s Ivy and Ash I almost groan at the sight of Ash but I invite them in by warming greeting Ivy with a hug and a smile and give Ash my best 'I'm gonna kill you look just so he could figure out who was welcome and who wasn't.

"Sorry to stop by uninvited but it was so boring at my place so I thought here would be more fun" she explains

"That's ok Ivy you are always welcome" I put emphasis on the word you.

Ash gives me an innocent look but I see through it I see right past his brown eyes on the inside he is evil a killer he killed my parents and by the look of it Ivy is next. I won't let it happen Ivy is too important to me and im not letting him have the pleasure of seeing me hurt again.

"So... How is everything?" Daniel breaks the tension in the room

"Everything is great but I'm a bit nervous" She admits

"Why?" I ask

"Remember how I never got matched?" she says

"Yeah" I say

"Well I got a letter yesterday......." she trails off

"Ok" I say kinda waiting for something

"It said that next year..... I'm gonna be matched" she says I can tell she is excited but Ash isn't very happy

"Oh my gosh that's awesome Ivy if you want I can skip my walk and come and watch you get matched so you have someone to talk to while you’re waiting" I say smiling almost a little too happy about the chance Ash won't be her match. He was staring at me like he could tell why I was happy.

"What are you looking at?" I say almost rudely I glare at him my green eyes burning through him

"Nothing" he smiles Daniel puts an arm around me protectively and glares at Ash I can feel the tension building again

"Anyways Vivian can we talk outside?" Ivy asks I nod and I follow her out the door. We stop at the edge of the woods

"Ok what's with you and I know you and Ash have history so tell me why do you hate him so much?" She stares at me I almost want to tell her but something pulls me back from telling her what I've always wanted to say. I look at the woods then back at Ivy whose red hair is shining in the mid-afternoon sun but her blue eyes were impatient and angry.

"I really want to tell you but..... I can’t Ivy I would never keep a secret like this from you but since you really like Ash I just can't you wouldn't believe me" I say with so much emotion in my voice it scares me her eyes soften and almost look sad. We start to walk into the woods I look around me everything is so peaceful. We walk a little more I'm listening to the birds sing and the babbling brook I start to relax when I hear an all too familiar voice.

"Vivian. Ivy. you should know not to go in the woods this far" Daniel says looking quite mad I remembered there was a very protective mama bear's den close to where we were standing.

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot I last track of where I was" I stammer a bit Ivy looks over at me confused. I look at her and for a minute I wished I had the old Ivy back ever since she went out with Ash she has changed so much.

"Well we better are going back before Ash follows me" Daniel chuckles

"Yeah we wouldn't want that you know how he is" I smile Ivy just looks confused we turn around when I hear a gunshot we all hit the ground Daniel pulls me over to him we all know there is no hunting on our grounds. I try to find where the shot came from we all get up and run for the house. My heart is pounding by the time we get back to the house Ash comes running outside.

"Ivy is you ok? You were gone for a while and then I heard the gun shot" Ash looks like he doesn't really care but Ivy buy it and hug him. I roll my eyes at his fakeness if only Ivy knew who he really was. I can see right through him so can Daniel Ivy look at me and I can tell she's worried but about what? After Daniel and Ash go inside I start talking to Ivy.

"Are you ok? You seem...... tense" I ask

"Yeah I'm fine but the matching thing is just on my mind what if I don't get matched with Ash what will I do?" she looks truly worried

"Trust me whoever your matched with it's for the best" I look at her hoping she would feel a tiny bit better.

"Yeah I know it's just you know I really like him and I think he really likes me could he be the one?" she puts her face between her hands I wish she hadn't fell for Ash. He is nothing but trouble and I hate his guts. I'm so mad at myself I'm so mad at Ash because if it weren't for him Ivy wouldn't be a nervous wreck about her matching she would still be happy instead of depressed all the time. She would still be Ivy despite her smiles and her laughs I know it's all an act it's all fake.

"Ivy I know you really like Ash but he doesn't deserve you" I pat her back I see a tear roll down her cheek I hug her.

"It’s k Ivy everything will work out in the end" I try it help her but she is already crying. I feel bad for not knowing how to help. Ash comes outside I almost snap I hate Ash and I hate him even more for doing this to my friend he is no good for her she deserves someone better than Ash some who really loves her and isn't just using her to get close to me so he can hurt me more I really wish I could get up and finish him off I'm sick and tired of how smug he is

"Ash go away! You aren't gonna be able to help her just go home I will take her home when she's ready to go or she can stay here and sleep in the guest room and I will make mint chocolate chip cookies" I say scowling at him still smoothing her wild red hair. I hear her laugh a little at the last memory of our sleepover. Ash looks insulted and I love it he frowns at me and I smile mockingly sweet

"Ivy do you need me here?" he ask she shakes her head no.

"I want to stay here and sleepover is that ok?" she says looking at me and smiles

"Sure" I say

"Sure" Ash looks mad that she picked me over him I smile more and hug Ivy. We walk into the house and Ash follows but soon leaves because Ivy isn't paying any attention to him she is too busy helping me bake and carefully rolling the dough and putting the dough on the pan I see her smile and she is singing to herself. I smile because Ivy is back to normal for now I wish I could keep Ivy here so I never see her fade away again. I don't like the Ivy that wears all black, to tight jeans, too much eyeliner, and overdone make-up I like the Ivy that wears colors, wears form fitting jeans, and make her make-up look natural instead of gothic.

"So Ivy why did you want to stay over" I ask she hasn't stayed ever since Ash came into her life and ruined it.

"Well I felt like I wasn't spending enough time with you and yesterday I looked at myself in the mirror and I didn't know what I was becoming I lost track of myself and I hated it" she explained I liked she had figured this out on her own who she was becoming.

"Why do you think you became that way Ivy" I ask

"I think it was Ash I felt like I wasn’t good enough so I tired another look and Ash liked it so I kinda just went with it" she frowns I'm so proud of her for realizing this on her own I smile and hug her.

"Ivy if anything Ash isn't good enough for you if anything Ash should change for you I say biting into a warm cookie the chocolate and mint melting in my mouth and the cookie is soft and chewy Ivy laughs

"I smell cookies" Daniel walks in and kisses my cheek he takes a cookie and smiles at me I smile back Ivy get up and gets milk.

"Daniel you should know better than to eat warm cookies without milk" Ivy teases

"I'm so sorry you are right" he chuckles

"Tsk Tsk Daniel" I say we all laugh I enjoy the moment for a while then there's a knock at the door I get up and answer it was Ash.

"Thanks Ask see ya tomorrow remember Vivi is driving me home so I won't know when I'm gonna be home you know how she is" Ivy says I smile and stick my tongue out at her she hugs Ash he leaves soon after. Ivy excuses herself to get a shower and in her absence I start talking to talk to Daniel

"I'm happy Ivy is here I'm glad she is becoming herself again" I say picking up another a cookie

"Yeah let's hope she stays that way Ash is bad for her plus he is creepy" Daniel knows something

"What did he do" I ask

"He was looking at our knives really intently and being really weird" Daniel was weirded out but I knew what this meant

"He's ready for the next kill my guess it's Ivy Daniel lock all the doors and windows I'm gonna bunk with Ivy tonight" I say I start getting worried

"Vivian Don't get paranoid it will be ok I promise you Ivy will be fine" he says running his fingers through my hair. I calm down a bit he hugs me I relax in the safety of his arms. Ivy comes out back to the living room she is all happy and clean her flannel pajamas are looser than usual. I yawn and lean in Daniel. I'm not even worried about Ash I smile a bit it's been awhile since I've been this relaxed.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Freckles3 said...
Really good plot... But am I just imagining it... Or is the third chapter the same as the fourth? Am I going crazy?

Tbuggy replied...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:38 pm :
this is a really late reply and im sorry but my orignal account got lost but yes the third and fourth got copied somehow

Freckles3 replied...
Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:39 pm :
Haha, it's okay. I thought I had gone back in time or something! ;) Anyway, this is really great! I love the characters! Keep it up!

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:20 am:
wow! nice...i'd be glad if you'd check my book too :)

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 11, 2012 at 10:24 am:
It's good, but the lack of punctuaion honestly gets a little distracting and makes the story hard to follow. Same goes for the grammar issues, I mean, this story feels like it was written almost in text-speak! The story somehow just feels...incomplete, like too much is happening without a breath or explaination. On the plus side, love the ideas and action! Makes me want more! KEEP WRITING! :)

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2, 2012 at 12:19 pm:
Cool like Hidden said, Extreme Awesomeness, I loved your beautiful, I have lots of favorite parts, I like the way things are described 'A sun Gasping' Cleverly written, Honestly 5/5 !

Silver2blackThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 3, 2012 at 4:47 am :
Came back to reread, it is missing some things such as question marks in the questions, along with some tiny minor mistakes, But I got the decently written story, way to go, i like your style !

HiddenAngelInTheDark said...
Feb. 1, 2012 at 5:04 pm:
Awesomeness ^_^

raeeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 7, 2012 at 5:48 pm :
I absolutely LOVED it. All of it. True, there are some puncuation errors and such, but fantastic nonetheless .