Alice. That's all I'm permitted to say.

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Ch. 7

“Cassy,” Alice whined. “Cassy” was my new nickname and she always stretched out so the y sounded like Cassyyy which was even more whiny sounding and then you add in her high-pitch voice and there you have it folks: A headache. “What!” I must have sounded exasperated for Alice quit her whining right away. “My parents are going away for the weekend and I was wondering if you could maybe-“
I cut her off. “Fine. But no messing around, my parents already think you’re a bad influence, you know.” Alice laughed. “Hah, no silly! You thought you could predict what I was going to say, didn’t you? That has to go. No one can predict me. “ She let the last two words sink into my brain. They seemed a little threatening,
“I actually have to stay with Alex over the weekend, but he likes you more than me and it’ll be so much more fun if you come along too.” Her eyes glowed, and her face seemed so innocent right then that I agreed to. This was how I was always getting into trouble, and how Alice was always getting out of it. The bell rang, and we ran our separate ways. Next weekend is going to be interesting. I thought. “Tomorrow night!” She yelled over her shoulder, and my day just went downhill after that. “When my therapist hears about this…” I muttered underneath my breath. Thank god, I don’t have one jj

~~~~~ on one condition. “What?” She asked, with no hint of her usual self in her voice. It was more concerning, as if she actually cared. “You need to get his name for me.” I felt proud of myself with coming up with this idea.
“Him?” Alice pointed to a lanky boy with almost spiky hair. It wasn’t purposely spiky, I knew. He didn’t care about the way he looked. He was different from his friends whom were all wearing skinny jeans with hats turned backwards. The “skater” look was really in this semester. He was sitting by himself, sort of. He was sitting at a table filled with six or more “skaters” but he wasn’t pushing or shoving like the rest of them. No, he was just sitting among them, listening to another boy, thoughtfully. He looked like he was actually listening, like he was genuinely interested in what they had to say. So different from most boys.

“Yeah him.” I hadn’t taken my eyes off him.
To my surprise and utter embarrassment, Alice yelled to him. “IAN! GET OVER HERE!” The boys at his table all turned and whistled at Ian. “Shut up guys, she’s my cousin,” he said as he got up and walked over in our direction. “All I wanted was his name,"
Ian’s face was a little red as he greeted Alice. “Hi,” he said, quietly, and then when Alice introduced me to him, he nodded in my direction, which I took as a hello. “
“Ian, guess who’s staying with me at Alex’s?” She never waited for an answer.
“”Cass!” To my despair, the color drained from his face, and I thought he was going to faint. “Aww,” Alice cooed, “Ian doesn’t wanna spend the weekend with a girl!”
That’s when I realized what was going on: I was staying with Alice at her great grandfather’s along with the boy of my dreams.

JonesychicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 25, 2012 at 8:32 pm:
this is amazing! I can't wait to read more! Mind checking out my work though?

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Jan. 9, 2012 at 2:36 am:
impressive you are an awesome author keep writing...!!