TREPIDATION: PART THREE

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Chapter One

Ethan was visiting the graves of Natalie and Nathan when his brother left him to go home and smoke some of his forbidden secret stash of cigarettes.
Some mourner, he thought bitterly as he crossed over the graves to the grave of Nina.
Nathan and Mister Jacobs knew exactly who it was that killed them. They at least had that sort of comfort as they died.
Natalie and Nina, they were just left with nothing but the sounds of running water or walls collapsing inward.
He shuddered to think of it.
Nina didn’t really deserve any piece of mind, though. She was a shallow, self-indulgent beauty queen who used people to get what she wanted. Unfortunately, Toni never knew that the only use for her that Nina had was to increase her own popularity.
Shaking his head at the grave, he whispered at it, “I hope you’re a better person in death than you were in life.”
The sky grumbled as he looked up to see the sun gone, replaced by a sudden downpour and flashing lightning.
Running toward the funeral home for cover, he didn’t realize that it was empty.
He never realized the doors were not supposed to be unlocked.
And he had no clue of his pursuer, whose utmost intentions were dark at best.
And when he nodded off, supposedly alone, he didn’t realize it was the last mistake he would ever make.
The former pursuer left the graveyard wearing a sadist’s smile, an insane Cheshire grin.