Just The Beginning

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Spiders

Clark walked around the area of the forest where Katherine was murdered.
“Boss, you’re going to wanna hear this.” Paul walked over, holding his smartphone and reading the message.
“It’s from the guys who were examining Katherine’s body for clues to her death. It says her body was ripped in ‘neat’ shreds and her heart had burst. All of her major bones are shattered and her eyes are, um, reversed.”
“Reversed?”
“Yes, Jeremy- uh I mean, the murderer took out her eyeballs, and reinserted them backwards. It appears that the same thing happened with Mrs. Swanson.”
“Two people in one day. It was obviously the same person for both killings.” Clark gave one last look around the forest. As he was walking out, his foot got caught on a root. His face hit the forest floor.
“You okay, mister?” A boy came up and helped Clark up. Clark looked around, everyone had left. How? He looked at the boy. Slowly, he recognized him from his file.
“Jeremy Swanson? What are you-“ Clark jumped as he felt something crawl quickly up his leg. Then another something on his other leg. They felt like huge spiders. Clark started randomly beating where he felt the horrid things. Then another seemed to drop from a tree, land on his head and crawl down his neck under his shirt.
“Make it stop!” Clark said as he tried to kill them as more and more started biting him and cutting open his skin. He felt their hairy legs all over him. He saw Jeremy, with a blank expression.
“Oh, Clark, how can I make it stop? It’s only the beginning.” And Jeremy grabbed Clark’s head, and started screaming in his face. It was the same screaming in Clark’s nightmare. As Jeremy was screaming, his mouth seemed to grow larger and wider. Suddenly, to Clark’s horror, a furry tarantula the a little bigger than Jeremy’s head crawled its way out of Jeremy’s mouth, one leg at a time. It jumped onto Clark’s face, and slowly tore Clark to shreds.