Noisy Neighbor | Teen Ink

Noisy Neighbor

September 16, 2011
By stephie95 PLATINUM, tripoli, Other
More by this author
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
25 articles 1 photo 65 comments

The author's comments:
please comment

"This is the key to your new house, everything is ready. Welcome home…" she says with a pretty voice. He takes the key from her hand and enters to his new house; he takes a deep breath and says in his mind "a lot of stories to write…"
The first thing he does is go to the office and place his laptop on the table. He looks around and feels exhilarated by the beauty of the office room; he goes to the kitchen and realizes that he needs food to fill the fridge. So he grabs his coat, car keys and heads outside. On his way to the garage he spots a bunch of teenagers, he doesn’t know if these are his neighbors but he sees them enter the house next door. He stares at them for a while but then turns around get into his car and heads toward the supermarket.
On his way back he sees a lot of cars parked in the garden of the house next door and loud music coming out of the house. He doesn’t care about it since it is summer, and people just want to party.
He packs his grocery in his kitchen and decides to sleep early today so he can feel fresh tomorrow; after all it was a tiresome day. He eats a bagel, then directly brushes his teeth and head toward his bedroom upstairs.
He twists and turns in the bed unable to sleep from the loud music coming from his neighbor's house. He tries to shake it off, and just forces himself to sleep. The next day he wakes up exhausted, tired, and extremely not fresh. He thinks it is just a one night party, but he doesn’t know that this house is the house of parties.
At night…
Once he places his head on the pillow, the music starts to play and he loses the need to sleep. So heads to his office turn his laptop on and open Microsoft word. He sits for a while in front of the screen, losing all his focus because of the music. He does nothing just keep staring at the screen hoping that inspiration will hit him and that he'll start writing. Suddenly he places his fingers on the keyboard and writes "A young man, a writer just bought a new house and his neighbors are so noisy that he can neither sleep, nor work. He decides to take action…"
He slowly removes his fingers away from the keyboard and reads what he just wrote out loud, he reads it one more time and realizes that it is right so he decides it was time to take action. He sleeps on a couch in the basement since it is the only calm place at home.

"Knock Knock…"
Nobody opens the door as he was about to walk back to his house the door is slowly opened and a young boy who seems asleep stands by the door. The writer turns around and heads to see who this boy is.
"Good morning, I am Henry your new neighbor."
The boy tries to put a smile on and says, "Yeah, well I am Jack. Can I help you?"
Henry smiles and tries to seem friendly and says "well of course. Can I come in?"
Jack lets henry in and leads him to the sitting room which is the only clean place in the house, he sits down and jack leaves the room. Henry thinks that he is going to call his parents or a guardian but instead he comes back with a girl about his age.
She sits down in front of henry, lights a cigarette and says "so my brother here said that you wanted our help…"
Henry smiles and says "can I speak to your parents?"
She starts laughing and suddenly two other boys enter the sitting room and sit down, one of them lights a cigarette and asks the girl "what is this guy doing here?"
She smiles look at henry and says, "Well we don’t have parents…"
Henry directly apologizes, thinking that their parents are dead but then jack says "they are not dead, but we left them. You see they never accepted the way we live…"
The girl then directly says, "So I am jackline and if you need anything you can talk to me, I am the one in charge."
When he was about to talk, a girl enters the sitting room and sits beside him he looks at her and smiles. Suddenly jackline says, "Oh by the way this is Mary, and that is Jonathan but we call him john and that is mark."
Henry then says, "Well I am henry, pleasure to meet you all. So I wanted to tell you that, I am a writer and you know writers need serene places, calm environment to get their inspiration. And I came here because it is known for being a calm area …."
Before he continues talking the guy having a cigarette, john, says "hey just get to the point."
Jackline looks at him furiously and then looks back at henry and apologizes. Henry then says, "Well the music is bothering me, it is too loud. I just wanted to ask are the parties every day…"
Jackline smiles turn her cigarette off, lights another one and gives it to jack then says, "Well the parties are actually every day, you see this is our job hosting parties. And it is summer, so we have a party every day, how about you come and join us today?"
Henry then says, "So every day you have a party, you don’t have a day off or something?"
Mark stands up and sit next to jackline kisses her and says "Party everyday…"
Jackline smiles and says, "Really join us and maybe you'll get your inspiration from what you'll see. Ok…."
He smiles trying to hide how mad he is and says "ok, I'll be here…"

He doesn’t know if he is going to go to the party, but he knows for sure that he must find a solution for this problem. He calls the police and tells them that his neighbors are partying every night. The police officer comes over and asks if they could talk.
The police officer says, "So who is disturbing you?"
Henry goes to his window opens the curtain and says, "My next door neighbors…"
The officer stands up and heads toward him and says, "But it says here that they have a license so you can't report them, everything they do is legal."
Henry stands in front of the police officer and yells saying, "So partying every day and disturbing others is legal…"
The police officer looks at henry and says, "It is, if you have anything else to say you better lower your voice or I'll be more than glad to arrest you."
Henry moved back and left the room heading toward his office, the police officer left the house. Henry thought that what if jackline was right, what if this party will bring him inspiration, so he decides that he should go but he thought it would be bad to go empty handed. So he went to the wine cellar, picked up three bottles of his finest wine bottles and packed them in a bag.
At night…
He wore a casual outfit took the wine and left his house heading to his neighbors house. As he was walking toward their house he started hearing the music. Loud as always and the light coming out of the house just as if they were in a nightclub. The door was opened and jack was standing on the front door with a list of names, henry smiles but jack didn’t do a thing. He welcomed him in and then directly jackline spotted him.
"Henry, you came…" she said
"well I had to…" he said, he gave her the bag she took it directly kissed him on his cheek and said, "well thank you…"
Jackline then left him in the room alone and headed upstairs, henry started looking around trying to see what might inspire him. All he saw was teenage girls and boy making out with each other. Drinks all around the house, nachos and some other appetizers, and the DJ sitting in the corner… the music was really good, henry felt like dancing but he knew it'll look weird dancing alone.
He took a seat and started staring at the teenagers around him most of which were staring at him thinking "what is this man doing here…" although he wasn’t that old, he was only twenty five but to them he was so old. He then decided to go out and get some air; he went to the back yard.
He sat down and started thinking about something that could help him, something that could inspire him suddenly he heard a voice coming from the bushes behind the house. He decided to go check what is happening.

As he was walking into the bushes the voice got louder, then finally he saw it. A girl and a boy he couldn’t see who it was, but he could hear what they were talking…
Boy: did you do it?
Girl: I couldn’t, I am sorry but I couldn’t…
Boy: you couldn’t, you couldn’t what do you think you are. I told you to do it, and you didn’t.
Girl: I am sorry, I went there but when they asked me to come in I just couldn’t let go.
Boy: couldn’t let go, I don’t want that baby and if you do then he is not mine.
Girl: but the baby is yours, you can't deny it. The baby is yours…
The boy hit her on her face, then she fell on the ground placed his hands around her neck and then he said, "So are you going to have the surgery?"
She said, "no, this is my baby and it is yours too if you like it or not I am keeping the baby?"
He smiled held a wooden stick from behind him, and hit her on her stomach three times, then held the stick one more time and hit her on her head. She wept for some seconds and then she didn’t make any sound … He then said, "You shouldn’t have let me do this, if only you did that surgery it is your fault…"
He left heading back to the party Henry didn’t know what to do, so he decided to go and check the girl, when he saw her she was dead. She was dead, he wanted to check her pulse but he decided not to. He rushed back home and on his way he saw mark, his hand was filled with blood. Now he knew it was mark that killed her, he cheated on his girlfriend jackline and killed that girl.
Henry tried to avoid looking at him and headed directly toward his house, when he reached his house he entered to the office directly and started writing. He couldn’t stop writing, the words flooded and he couldn’t stop writing he had just found his inspiration.
He spent the whole night writing about what he had just witnessed, he wrote about how it all began. He didn’t sleep that night, all he did was write. The next morning the maid entered and saw him sleeping on his chair. She tried to wake him up but he was so tired that he didn’t feel a thing. At about two in the afternoon he woke up and realized he had just written the first chapters of his new story.
But then he realized that he had just witnessed a crime and didn’t know if he had to report it or not, but then he decided that he shouldn’t report a thing because eventually the police will find everything. He decided to walk where he witnessed the crime, but when he reached he didn’t see her she disappeared and there was no sign of police. He then went back home and decided that tonight he was also going to go to the party and watch mark.

He held two bottles of wine and went to the party, this time jackline was at the door she smiled and said, "So you liked the party yesterday?"
He smiled and said, "I found some inspiration."
She smiled and said, "Well this time you can't enter since it is a bachelor party, a girl's bachelor party."
Henry then said, "Ohh I see…"
He then gave her the wine and as he was heading backwards she yelled and said, "You can help."
He smiled and entered with her, john took her place at the door and she led him to the kitchen. She then asked him to pour the wine in the glasses get them ready to be served. As he was pouring the wine in the glasses , he started thinking about what had happened yesterday, about whether he should report it to the police or not. But then he recalled that the body disappeared, thus the police won't believe him. They'd say he is just trying to get back on his noisy neighbor after all he was the only witness, he then decided to try and let it go. Since later they'll report the girl missing and finally they'll know she is killed, he tried to shake of the image of the dead girl from his head but the sudden presence of mark in front of him didn’t help.
Mark stood in front of him and said, "You left early yesterday, didn’t you?"
Henry smiled a fake smile and said, "Yeah, I felt a bit tired."
Mark nodded twice and left the kitchen , henry started sweating what if mark had seen him yesterday, what if he knew that he was watching, what if he is planning on killing him too. Henry had a lot of thoughts at the same time which made him a little dizzy, so he decided to go out for while. He stood in the backyard, took a deep breath and tried to relax.
Suddenly mark appeared in front of him and asked him if they could walk together, henry tried to get out of it but mark kept insisting, till he finally started walking with him. Mark walked into the bushes he just walked didn’t say a word but suddenly he said, "So you left early yesterday?"
Henry said, "Yeah I did, I felt tired."
Mark then smiled and said, "I heard that story before" he then pushed henry to the ground and said, "how about you tell me the true story."
Henry then said, "What story? I simply felt tired and left…" now he felt that mark had seen him yesterday. He tried to get away with it, even though his chances were so little. Mark then bent to his knees and said, "Henry, I saw you yesterday and I know you saw me. I am really sorry for what I am going to do after all you were a very good person, but you gotta erase all the evidence."
He took out a knife from under his jacket and approached it to henry and said, "Any last words?"
Henry took a deep breath in and out, closed his eyes and prayed. As mark was about to place the knife into henrys' heart, Henry kicked him making mark moved backward slowly. Then he kicked him one more time and was capable of escaping. He kept on kicking him, till he finally held the knife and stabbed mark in his heart. Mark's eyes started to flitter, then suddenly they fell open and he died.
Henry backed up a little and decided to take the knife with him, to erase the evidence; he started walking into the bushes till he finally reached his house. He entered to his kitchen brought a huge pot lighted a fire in it, and placed the knife and his shirt in it. He knew that the knife won't get destroyed but burning it would help. After burning it he headed into the bushes one more time to a river nearby and threw the knife into the water. He wanted to go home but he knew it wasn’t a good alibi so he went back home brought more wine and headed to party.
Jackline spotted him going into the kitchen she rushed to him and asked him, "Where were you?"
Henry smiled raised the wine bottles and said, "Getting more wine." She smiled and said, "Well yeah we need more, these girls sure know how to party."
Henry entered the kitchen and headed to the table; jackline followed him and said, "did you see mark?"He knew she would ask this question, but he didn’t know what to answer so instead of giving her a response, meaning a full sentence shook his head twice meaning no. He started pouring the wine into the glasses but most of the time his hands shivered and he threw most of the wine on the table so he had to start over again.
After about an hour he said goodbye to everyone assuring that he was going home and left. Once he was home he headed toward his office and started writing, he realized that his story was getting developed. He knew know that to write the story he must live the events. Be a part of it so it can be good, so the words can flow though he didn’t know where it was heading to. All he knew was that he is writing and it was enough.

The next morning he headed toward jackline's house, on his way he saw the police all around the house he acted surprised and entered. Jackline rushed toward henry her eyes drowned with tears hugged him and said, "He is dead…"
Henry knew who she was talking about, but he tried to hide it, he acted surprised and said "who?" She slowly whispered into his ear "mark…"
Henry leads her to the couch, she slowly sits down and he sits beside her. She then says, "He was killed in the bushes, someone killed him but why??"
Henry then said, "they'll find who did it, they will don’t worry…"
Jackline wipes the tear of her face and heads toward the kitchen, henry sits down and starts thinking what if they do catch the killer, meaning what if the knew it was him. While he was picturing himself in the orange suite in jail, a police man interrupted him. Henry blinked twice shook his head, stood up and looked at the police officer.
The police officer said, "My condolences sir but we would like to ask you some questions."
Henry said, "Sure, have a seat."
The police officer sat on the couch next to henrys', and said, "So are you related to the victim?"
Henry said, "no I am just a neighbor, I've been in this town for just a couple of weeks I am somehow new but as you can see I got to know them so it feels as if I've been here for a long time."
The police officer nodded and said, "Where were you last night?"
Henry tried to stay calm and said, "I was at the party, here but I left to get some wine from the wine cellar at my house then I came back."
The police officer wrapped everything, shook henrys' hand and said that he'll keep him updated, Henry thanked him. Henry headed to the kitchen to see if jackline was still there, he saw her sitting in the backyard with a drink in her hand. He rushed to her removed the drink from her hand and sat beside her, she looked at him and said "I have nothing to live for henry, mark is gone. I loved him, and he loved me you know we were planning on getting married, I know we are young but we were planning on doing it but now he is gone."
Henry held her hand and said, "you have me, your brother, Mary, and john. You have us all, and mark is still here but he is your heart." Jackline shook her head stood up and said, "we are not in a musical henry, we are not in a movie this is the real life he is dead and don’t talk to me about the bulls**t of him being in my heart he is gone and he will never come back."
Henry was surprised by jacklines reaction; she was offensive she was wild. He walked toward her and said, "I know we are not in a movie I know we are not in a play I know this is the real life but does that mean we should give up. Give everything away just because of an incident. I know it is harsh, I know it but I can't tell you that you are right because that won't make me a good friend, that won't make me a friend at all. It will only make me someone trying to lead to another problem, a worse one."
Jackline started crying, henry held her hand looked her in the eye and said, "I am here…" she hugged him, kept on crying. To her at this moment he was an angel, but if she knew he was the one who killed mark I guess she'll have a different thought and extremely different one but for now he is an angle.

The author's comments:
please rate or comment thanks

Days passed and all henry could do was stay with jackline, try to make her feel that he is pure, that he trustworthy. Everyday henry would go to jackline's house and help out, the parties stopped so there wasn’t much to do all he helped in doing was feeding jackline and that's all.
Two weeks passed and henry didn’t have anything to write about, he was clueless since there wasn’t anything taking place he had to do something, to create a scene so he could write so he could finish his novel. So he decided it was time to make a love scene, a weird but sensational love scene one that will make the readers go "what?!"
He bought some flowers and headed to jacklines house jack opened the door; Henry headed toward jacklines room directly and handed her the flowers she smiled and asked if he could help her to the bathroom. He was more than pleased, this was his chance. He held her gently and headed toward the bathroom he stood there by the door slowly she placed her hands on the straps of her night gown and lowered them. Smoothly the night gown fell on the ground, with clarity henry could see the tattoo on jacklines lower back it was a butterfly a beautiful, serene looking butterfly lying on silky rosy skin.
Jackline looked across her shoulder, to see that henry was admiring her, she faked a cough making henry tremble in awkwardness. She smiled and entered the shower he went out of the bathroom and waited for her on the bed.
Fifteen minutes later she came out all wet, she put on some cloths and sat beside henry. He looked at her and said, "Do you know that you're so beautiful?"
She smiled and said, "I've heard that a couple of times…"
"Well people should tell you that more often." she slowly stood from the bed, then henry directly pushed her back down, she looked at him with furious eye and stared silently at him. He smiled and approached her slowly as he was about to give her a kiss, she turned her head around. Henry felt disappointed since this wasn’t the way he pictured things, he thought it would be easy he thought she would lay in his arms and they'll make love till noon but it wasn’t like that not a bit similar.
She stood up and said "what was that for?"
Henry stood up headed to her and said, "Jackline ever since I saw you I had feelings for you, ever since I saw you I've been thinking about you, ever since I saw you, you are the only thing that goes through my mind. You’re my inspiration; you are the most amazing girl I've ever met, jackline."
She smiled and said, "So you think after telling me this speech about the way you think about me, I'll lay in your arms and kiss you. No, you know why? That’s because I am good girl I am loyal one, I love my boy friend, I love him and I will always do no matter what."
Henry turns to face her and says, "he is dead you should live your life!"
She looks at henry and says, "I know he is and I am living my life , but honestly henry I have no feelings toward you, and I'll never do you are just a friend, and that is the way it is always going to be. Just a friend…"
Henry looked at her and said, "Are you sure?"
She turned away and said in a hush tone "yes"
He left the room irritably, shut the door furiously. In the room jackline sat down on the bed and started crying feeling that she had just broke his heart not knowing that this is just a scheme of his creation.
Henry headed downstairs with a smile on his face but when jack suddenly appeared in front of him he turned his smile upside down. Jack stood there and asked what was wrong. Henry didn’t say a thing pushed jack away and continued walking toward the door. Jack followed him and said, "What is wrong?"
Henry tried not to answer but then he felt it will be wrong for his story so he said, "she doesn’t love me, she just wants us to be friends." Jack stood there and started laughing, he simply laughed it was an awkward but interesting reaction. He then took a deep breath and said, "well Henry what do you expect her boyfriend or somehow her fiancé is dead. She is heartbroken; she is not ready to start a relationship."
Henry then said, "Not ready what about all of those signs, the signs showing me that she can't live without me, that she needs me every single second. She asked for me all of these weeks, I was the one to feed her, the one helping her in everything…"
Jack then said, "She did that because you weren’t close a lot, you weren’t from the family so she could communicate with you because if she tried talking to us she'll remember him. She sees him in us, but you, you are just the boy that helped during the parties."
Henry left the house rushed to his office and wrote down everything that had just happened. He knew it wasn’t enough, he knew this was just the beginning of a new plot something that will keep the readers wanting more.

Several days passed, and Henry was still not going to jacklines house. While he was sitting down drinking some wine the door bell rang, he headed toward the door knowing that it was jackline. The moment he opened the door, she looked at him with pure eyes and said, "I am sorry …"
Henry didn’t say a word, so she stared into his eyes and said "what can't I come in and have a drink?" he smiles and says "come in…"
She slowly enters the house for the first time not knowing where to go, Henry leads her to the sitting room, goes to bar pour two glasses of red wine and heads toward jackline. He hands her the glass and as she holds it in her hand she said, "thank you… and what's it with you and wine?"
Henry says, "It's a long story." She smiles and says, "I am ready to listen."
They spent the whole day talking, Henry felt happy now he has new scenes to include in the story. He tries to keep talking as much as he can but never lies about biographical information.
The next day Henry goes over to jacklines house and everything continues as usual. As Henry was walking up the stairs heading toward jacklines room, marry passes by and asks if she could have a word with him. Henry says yes and follows her outside.
" Jack threatened to kick me away if I don’t get him money to buys drugs" Mary says, so fast that Henry couldn’t catch up, he asked her to repeat what she said slowly and she did. Henry then says, "Jack is on drugs!!" she starts pacing back and forth. Henry then slowly holds her hand and leads her to the chair. She then said, "No he deals with drug, he is a drug dealer."
Henry then tells her, "does jackline know?" she whispers, "no, no one knows only me. But he is in trouble know, he bought some drugs and paid only half the price and promised the owner that he'll pay him the rest once he sells them, but they were stolen.
Henry tries to be sympathetic, but he is actually more than happy since now he has new events for his story. He holds her hand and says "if he kicks you out from here, you are welcomed to my house at any time." Mary smiles and says, "I don’t know why I told you but I just had to tell someone, I had to do something."
Henry then asks her, "So how much money does he need?" Mary then says, "sixty thousand dollars…" Henry has this amount of money in the bank and more but if he gives her the money she will stay with him but he wants her to live with him so his story can develop. He then smiles and says, "I am sorry but I don’t have this amount of money, but how about you pack your bags and we go to my house. Let's not let him kick you out, leave with your dignity."
Mary smiles and goes up to her room pack her bag. While she was packing her bags, Henry went to jacklines room, as he opened the door he spotted john kissing jackline. He stared at him with furious eyes. He ran toward him and started hitting him, blood fell off his mouth and he started yelling unable to do a thing since Henry was all over him strangling him. Jackline came out of the toilet and ran toward Henry, she tried to move him away but instead she got her self hit. She fell on the ground after Henry hit her by accident. She started yelling for help but minutes before jack entered Henry removed his hands from around john's neck bearing him his life. He took a deep breath; turned to face jackline said "I thought you weren’t ready for a relationship." Then he left the room walked downstairs, Mary followed him jack stopped her but she kept on walking downstairs.
Once they reached home, he led her to the guest room and then he went to his office. As he reached the office he started laughing, smiling, and happy that this has just happened. Happy that now he has a love triangle, he started writing unable to stop but he had to when Mary entered.
She walked slowly to his desk wearing a satin robe, she stood behind him rested her hands on his shoulder and rubbed gently. He smiled, it was relaxing so he slowly turned off the laptop and enjoyed it. When she was done, he asked her if she wanted a drink, she didn’t say no so he headed toward the bar and he followed.
She smiled and said "that was my reaction when I saw them together; everyone knows that john is sleeping with her. Mark knew too, but he cheated too so he kept it quiet and never said a word."
Henry asked her, "Why are you telling me this?"
She said, "Because we want the same thing, we both want revenge". Henry was about to choke but he tried to seem calm. He then said, "Revenge, why?" she said, "I want to let jack feel what I felt, you know he hit me. So I want to hit him back, I want to get rid of him and you want revenge from jackline so I say we stop denying our thoughts and we get to it."
Henry thought about it for a while, and then he agreed. He brought to glasses of wine, and they made a toast "For Revenge."

When everything was planned, Mary and Henry packed their kit and went to jacklines house. They didn’t do anything tricky, the just rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. It was jack; Henry looked at him smiled and said "what are your last words?"
Mary then pointed a gun at him and said "what are your last words jacks?"
Jack then said, "Mary babe, take a breath and put the gun away."
She then said, "no jack, you take a breath and say your last words." Jack tried convincing her to put the gun down but she was persistent, she looked him in the eye and said "I loved you, but I guess it doesn’t matter after all." She pulled the trigger and shot him three times in his chest. Jack fell to the ground, Mary and Henry then closed the front door and headed to the sitting room. They waited for jackline, suddenly they heard someone weep it was her.
She ran into the sitting room and was about to call 911 when Mary said, "Don’t you dare do that." Jackline froze in her place; the phone suddenly fell from her hand. Mary then asked her to come toward her. She did as she was ordered; after all she was holding a gun.
Mary then told Henry, "go ahead, take her life."
Henry then said, "how about you do it for me, go ahead kill her."
Mary didn't think twice about it, she pointed the gun at jackline and said, "Say your last words." Jackline then said, "I kind of loved you Henry…"
As Mary was about to shoot jackline, Henry shot Mary in the head causing her to die. He walked slowly towards jackline, looked at her and said, "If you kind of loved me, then kiss me."
Jackline took a deep breath she slowly approached Henry, and placed her ice cold lips on his kissing him. As they were kissing, Henry held the gone and pointed it to his head, and shot himself. Suddenly he fell to the ground, jackline stood there in shock.

The author's comments:
Please rate or comment thxx

"Wake up my young author. You've been sleeping for hours, common."
Henry suddenly wakes up, to see himself in his apartment, with his girlfriend trying to wake him up. He opened his eyes, kissed her and said, "I need to write…"



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.