Noisy Neighbor

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

A fresh begining

"This is the key to your new house, everything is ready. Welcome home…" she says with a pretty voice. He takes the key from her hand and enters to his new house; he takes a deep breath and says in his mind "a lot of stories to write…"
The first thing he does is go to the office and place his laptop on the table. He looks around and feels exhilarated by the beauty of the office room; he goes to the kitchen and realizes that he needs food to fill the fridge. So he grabs his coat, car keys
please comment
and heads outside. On his way to the garage he spots a bunch of teenagers, he doesn’t know if these are his neighbors but he sees them enter the house next door. He stares at them for a while but then turns around get into his car and heads toward the supermarket.
On his way back he sees a lot of cars parked in the garden of the house next door and loud music coming out of the house. He doesn’t care about it since it is summer, and people just want to party.
He packs his grocery in his kitchen and decides to sleep early today so he can feel fresh tomorrow; after all it was a tiresome day. He eats a bagel, then directly brushes his teeth and head toward his bedroom upstairs.
He twists and turns in the bed unable to sleep from the loud music coming from his neighbor's house. He tries to shake it off, and just forces himself to sleep. The next day he wakes up exhausted, tired, and extremely not fresh. He thinks it is just a one night party, but he doesn’t know that this house is the house of parties.
At night…
Once he places his head on the pillow, the music starts to play and he loses the need to sleep. So heads to his office turn his laptop on and open Microsoft word. He sits for a while in front of the screen, losing all his focus because of the music. He does nothing just keep staring at the screen hoping that inspiration will hit him and that he'll start writing. Suddenly he places his fingers on the keyboard and writes "A young man, a writer just bought a new house and his neighbors are so noisy that he can neither sleep, nor work. He decides to take action…"
He slowly removes his fingers away from the keyboard and reads what he just wrote out loud, he reads it one more time and realizes that it is right so he decides it was time to take action. He sleeps on a couch in the basement since it is the only calm place at home.