Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Secrets, Secrets

To Those It May Concern,
I have a secret.
A secret that I‘ve kept for two years.
A secret that I’ve shared with only myself and my nightmares.
And for a while, I was okay with that. My secret was none of anyone’s business except my own. Hiding it became second nature, as did lying. No one had any idea.
But guilt is something that is hard to ignore. A poking in the back of my head, a tingling at the base of my spine every time I lied, every time I came up with an alibi . It became impossible to bear. I was not a good person. I was not normal.
Everyone has secrets, I assured myself. But who was I kidding? This wasn’t even a secret anymore. It was an intolerable burden. And I was getting sick of it.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

This book has 5 comments. Post your own now!

Freckles3 said...
My little brother has a peanut allergy..... He's eight years old. This scared me so much. I saw his face as I imagined Anna's. He's not going to ANY parties for as long as I can help it!

Steph0804 said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 7:15 am
This is so sad! But it was also very short... what if you compressed this and submitted it as a short story? I'm sure it'll be a hit!

DallysGrrl replied...
Thanks so much I'm glad you liked it. I did debate making it into a short story and I still may. I think more people view the short stories so I'm leaning toward just making it shorter and submitting it for more exposure. Thanks again!

TheCarinaXOXOXO said...
This was so good! :) It was so truthful and captures many things that teens struggle with daily.  And of course, some additional things that are intereting and entertaining.  It makes me think of a few friends I have, and how much I need to be there for them, before it's too late.  This was written so well! 

DallysGrrl replied...
Thanks! Glad you liked it. :)