River's Transparent Desire | Teen Ink

River's Transparent Desire

By seababy25 BRONZE, Prairie Village, Kansas
seababy25 BRONZE, Prairie Village, Kansas

Summary:

A British boy named Kurt moves to San Diego to live with his aunt. He befriends the girl next door, and they begin spending much of time together. She finds out that he's a painter and asks him to paint a picture of her. He does, and makes sure to paint it in a way that really reflects who she is. Someone comes across the painting later, and he realizes that he may have drawn the version of her that was a little too true.

Evelyn D.

River's Transparent Desire

TecStudent said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:52 am
The story was very good, and sometimes had me in suspense. I kept guessing on what is going to happen next. Often, I found myself going back to the story to see if everything added up. At the end of the story, I was having to slow myself down to think about the events that the narrartor described.

Ben Dover said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:46 am
I think this story was good and I liked it especially  when i found out the guy was crazy at the end , At first it was confusing but than i got the story when i read it a couple times. it was very good :) 

travismiller said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:44 am
I thought the story was very good!It had a good plot and a very good ending. The twist at the end i think made the story it was very good and helped keep the reader immeresed in the story. The only complaint was the 5th chapter where there's alot of dialogue and its a little confusing because you dont know who's saying what. But othere than that i think the author did a great job.

kiari104 said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:43 am
I think that this short story was good but it was also confusing. The author could have writen the ending better so that people dont have to read it more than once just to understand it. The author also could have included family, the peoples houses he was staying in and the girls name.  The idea of the story was good. It was creative and besides the end, the story was put together well.

Trinidy said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:42 am
I thought this story was very interesting, it kept my attention the entire time. It was somewhat confusing on some parts. For example when the girl never showed up, never told him her name and his family wasnt mentioned at all. But overall i liked the whole story. I liked the ending the most because it was weird suspenseful and it ended with a twist , i didnt really expect that to happen at the end of the story but i had a feeling the main character was kind of crazy .

tecstudent13 said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:40 am
I think that the story was good.It really caught my attention at the begging and had me asking questions in my head all the time.I had to reread it over and over to get exactly what was happening and what they were trying to say.The end was the most confusing though,was something that you would never expect in a million years

Nikki said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:40 am
this story was the bomb because of your specific details .

on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:39 am
The story was good, but the ending was somewhat confusing. What was confusing about it is how there was really no clear transition, but the story was overall well written.

webersmith said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:38 am

I thought this story was really boring at first but then at the end it very much surprised me!

in the begining it really didnt cath my eye because i thought it was going no where. But the end was very out there and crazy!

Chynaaa' said...
on Sep. 9 2011 at 11:32 am
This Story Was Okay !