Home > Novel (Fiction) > Thriller/Mystery > River's Transparent Desire

River's Transparent Desire

Evelyn D.
River's Transparent Desire
Summary: A British boy named Kurt moves to San Diego to live with his aunt. He befriends the girl next door, and they begin spending much of time together. She finds out that he's a painter and asks him to paint a picture of her. He does, and makes sure to paint it in a way that really reflects who she is. Someone comes across the painting later, and he realizes that he may have drawn the version of her that was a little too true.

This book has 29 comments. Post your own now!

denzell g said...
River's Transparent was an alright story. I kind of knew what was happening in the story until I got to chapter 5.  River went to the girl's house and found out she wasn't there. When he reports the girl missing  to the cops I said to myself, " how did that happen"? I felt that the author spent to much time describing every action River made which made the story boring.  especially when River was in the suit store.   I liked the charact... (more »)

EddieB14 said...
In the story River's Transparent, I liked the way the author made the main character "Kurt" have a suspenseful feeling about him. It made me look forward to reading further. It was kind of confusing when the cops were talking to kurt, it made the story hard to understand. Other then that I really enjoyed the story.

Nee_Bailey said...
This story honestly kept my attention till the very end.The turn of events at the end, completely caught me off guard. it was a well written and detailed story and I would definately reccomend this to my peers.

John Baily said...
This story was really beautiful, I really enjoyed Rivers Transparrent.  It brang out the warmth from my heart.  It reallly made me appreciate having my family close to my heart and not deceased.

jkew said...
This story was very weird in the beggining as far as the two main characters interacting and how they met. When Kurt met Savanah it seemed she was tryin to flirt with him because she invited him over to her house to go swimming after just five minutes of meeting each other. Kurt does seem like he wanted to be to himself, but that could of been the move he just made from England and he doesnt know anyone. Savanah seems lost in the head to me. she said she wants to be famouse but doesnt know wh... (more »)

Lopez said...
I really enjoyed this story, with everything that happened, and with all the questions that were answered at the end of the story. The ending was surprising and made me think of a lot of questions. I wish though you would have used more dialogue when the cop found River/Kurt. I also enjoyed the way you kept everyone guessing and how you kept the suspense. All in all I would give this story a 4.5 out of 5.

anthony said...
The novel had alot of misleading information,but over all it was decent  .I like the fact that Kurt compares life in the states and life in London  .He sees the world from 2 diffrent perspectives. The relationship between him and the girl is very breif but he has some kind of connection with her.I did not like how the story finished  .If the book was longer I would probably stop reading it.

GruesomeNewsome said...
This book was very interesting. I would definitely read another book by this author. This is honestly one of the best books I've ever read in my entire life. Keep writing your amazing stories. I appricated the turn of events at the end.

seababy25 replied...
Sept. 10, 2011 at 11:07 am
Wow. Thank you so much! You really have no idea how much I appreciate that. I'll be sure to check out your work too!

HerpDerp707 said...
I thought this story was rather shallow and pedantic towards the beggining, being that the main charecter was very to him self and nothing realy happened. Kurt was very very bland and weird but over all a mysterious charecter. the only part that was enjoyable was the twist at the end. The rest of the story was kind of bland, but towards the end it started to get better and better. So over all the story was ok, maybe a 3 out of 5.It just lost my interest at the beggining.

Miilee said...
This story was quite mysterious. All throughout the story I felt as if it was going to be another typical love story due to the fact that Kurt had a huge crush on this mysterious girl and at one point they were flirting. I was really astonished when I read the last chapter, I wasn't expecting Kurt to turn out Schizo. The way everything turned out explained the confusion toward why he was so paranoid when store associates would look at him. I also got kind of confused at ... (more »)

skateblock5150 said...
Your story, Rivers Transparent, was a good story. The only problems I had when reading it was near the end when River was waiting outside for the girl. River talked to the police but there was not enough detail or explanation. When rRver talked to them and he was back in London there was not enough explanation on how he returned to London, how and who he was talking to.

Chynaaa' said...
This story didnt interest me at all because the story was about a boy who smoked his life away. and it was too much going on !

MariahW said...
with having only read 3 chapters I think this story is good so far. It is really detailed, which makes it easier to get into the story. The characters are really interesting so it makes me want to keep reading. Kurt seemed very to himself and just wanted to be left alone, but the girl was mysterious and outgoing yet wanted to only be where she was comfortable which is at her house. They don't  seem like they would go together at all, but it looks like their relationship might progress to so... (more »)

Austin said...
I really enjoyed this story and the beginning really caught my attention but the ending confused me somewhat. The reason the ending confused me is because it skips from when he is in the cop car to London. Also as the story progresses, I started to like the main character so when i found out he was crazy it made me dissapointed and thrilled because of the twist it had.

seniabenya said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 11:59 am
Rivers Transparent blew my mind away when I started reading It ,I have not been hooked on a story like that In many years ,I adored how the two main characters river and the unknown name of the girl had such a strong and powerful connection ,after knowing eachother for a few hours. They acted like they knew oneanother for thier whole live's to the end of the story. It sort of got confusing to me.  The story seemed to have jumped to the police man loudly quesioning river,but having... (more »)

MattC said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 11:59 am
I think the story was good and had a fantastic twist near the end that I wasn't expecting at all. I think that the writer could have expanded the background information about the main character River and why he valued his paintings over his family's lives. Also, the writer could have actually told us or explained more of who the girl was that he painted. Another part I was confused by was who the police officers were or who was with the police officer when River got arrested. Overall, I bel... (more »)

mathews friend replied...
dam dawg i fee it ur right

TecStudent said...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 11:52 am
The story was very good, and sometimes had me in suspense. I kept guessing on what is going to happen next. Often, I found myself going back to the story to see if everything added up. At the end of the story, I was having to slow myself down to think about the events that the narrartor described.

www.hi replied...
Sept. 9, 2011 at 11:55 am
woah bro i thought the same thang