Footsteps

Sarah K.
Footsteps
Summary: Exhaustion pushes people to their breaking point. After an entire day of driving, Mike begins to fall asleep at the wheel. A near accident is enough to send he and Kate searching for a place to stay for the night. They find a sweet old woman who gladly welcomes them into her home. However, her unfriendly daughter Alice is not so welcoming. After a night filled with horror, the couple finds themselves trapped with their hosts after a sudden snowstorm.

This book has 5 comments. Post your own now!

sarahkaybelegit said...
Thanks for the feedback guys, it's really appreciated. <3

Desmothenes L. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
The plot behind the story was strong, and the bedroom scene was artfully crafted. However, the rest of the story seemed rushed and unfinished. Development needs to occur within the characters, it can't just happen. Really good story though and keep on writing!

sarahkaybelegit replied...
Thanks! This was actually just a short story I had to write for school, so I had a page limit. But I could develop it more now! (:

tikapeek97 said...
It was a really good idea, but I think you should make the part just before they left, and the part when the woman was telling them about alice a little longer with more details. Other them that it was a great story idea.

mylifeinfiction said...
Really good storyline--I like that the idea that they're trapped with these strange people. Maybe you should develope it more. It moves so fast, you can't really take it in. But nice idea, good writing!